What We Do:
Uptake harnesses the power of underutilized data to empower businesses to make informed decisions. We partner with industry leaders to build predictive analytics software that grows smarter in one industry because of what we learn in another. The result is a powerful platform that identifies problems before they happen, ultimately saving money, time and lives.
Uptake Energy envisions a global energy system where everyone can access dynamic, resilient, and sustainable power. We’re building on Uptake’s platform and talent to solve the challenges of today’s energy marketplace and enabling the transition to the power system of tomorrow.
What You’ll Do:
The Wind Reliability & Diagnostics Solution Architect will leverage his or her engineering expertise of wind energy operation, maintenance, root cause analysis, corrective actions to make software design recommendations and incorporate knowledge into the Uptake platform through the systematic training of machine learning-based diagnostic and recommendation data science models. The WRDS Architect will also help to foster relationships with wind industry vendor-partners and support account management in ensuring the successful deployment of software that improves the safety, reliability and profitability of our customers’ power plants.
- Inform prescriptive analytics and product roadmap by leveraging subject matter expertise on main wind turbine systems, including generators, gearboxes, blades, main bearing, yaw and pitch systems.
- Support the product team in designing software features for wind turbine equipment root cause analysis and recommended actions to remediate equipment issues.
- Identify best practice industry procedures for the safe and reliable operation and maintenance of wind turbines and collaborate with Uptake teams to integrate technical documentation into the software’s recommended actions.
- Analyze machine and visual inspection data to perform equipment assessments and to conduct investigations of major equipment failures and identify recommended repair and corrective actions.
- Assist with internal training of Uptake product and data science teams in principles of wind turbine reliability.
- Attends and actively participates in industry related conferences and committees and build relationships with wind industry vendors of interest.
- 5-10 years or more experience as reliability or design engineer in wind, power generation or related industry.
- Experience conducting root cause analyses for mechanical, electrical and structural component failures.
- Able to assess the risk of major component failures and experience in using models to forecast failure rates.
- Strong technical capabilities and a creative, curious, self-driven work ethic
- Able to read and understand plans, specifications, drawings, and documents relating to engineering and construction.
- Condition monitoring training/qualifications are desirable.
- Familiar with safety procedures, including work around energized equipment under proper lock-out, tag-out.
- Experience in lean/six sigma projects a plus.
- A collaborative mindset, and a record of building successful client relationships and internal relationships with colleagues
- Superior written and verbal communication skills—especially a strong ability to translate between technical and business stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial spirit, sense of humor, and a passion to help create the energy system of the future