For most SaaS companies, delivering a spot-on web demonstration is the most critical part of the sales process. Here are 9 tips to make sure you nail it:
- Customize each demo. You’d be surprised how much wow factor you can get from adding a prospects logo or name to your app. Also, have tabs open and organized – the less clicking the better. Have their website open if it would help when relating to their business.
- The opening conversation is more critical than your demo. Don’t just jump into the product demo. Do a thorough discovery of their challenges and issues to understand how your solution can add value. Use a “Challenger” sales approach by teaching them about similar clients that you have helped. Tell a story and paint a picture on how your solution impacted your clients business.
- Set the stage with giving a verbal overview of what they are about to see. A customer story is the best way to do this in my opinion.
- Tailor product features to your audience. Don’t show every feature of your platform. Instead, hit on only the areas where the prospect mentioned pain.
- Handle technology. We use join.me and GoToMeeting at Hireology. Whatever you use, make sure it is easy for your prospects to connect. Also, make sure your internet connection is humming as there is nothing worse than having your prospects think your application drags.
- Check in often. During the demo make sure you stop for questions or clarification often. Since you can’t read body language, it’s difficult to sense understanding and acceptance of what you are showing.
- Be ok with not demoing your product. A great discovery and “get to know your business” conversation can be a perfect first call. You could also uncover who else might be involved and schedule a follow-up demo getting all the stakeholders together. This can not only accelerate the sales process but could also ensure that you are doing the selling and not the first person you demoed.
- Watch other people demo your product. Seeing how other people show your application could help you put a new spin or angle on how you present.
- Don’t get click happy. Join.me and other screen sharing applications have a bit of a lag. Taking your time moving around the app will also make the product look easier to navigate.
Visit http://salesforstartups.me/ to follow