On March 19th, over 120 Chicagoans turned out to hear a great lineup of data product managers talk about their craft:
- Justin Massa - Founder & CEO, Food Genius
- What's a big data product and how does it differ from “traditional” digital and physical products?
- Kamal Tahir - Senior Manager for Product Management and Marketing, Experian
- Designing a data product to fit a real need?
- Mark Slusar - Quantitative Research & Analytics Fellow, Allstate Insurance
- Getting your data, Part 1: How to source existing databases?
- Eloise Parker - Assistant Director, Public Health Research, National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago
- Getting your data, Part 2: How to manufacture new data?
- Jackie Beaubaire - Assistant Director, Licensing & Governance, Truven Health Analytics (Formerly Thomson Reuters Healthcare & Solucient)
- Legal and ethical constraints of data products: regulatory compliance, privacy and corporate trade secrets
- Mike Jakob - President and COO, Sportvision
- Packaging your data and pricing it
- Brandon Cox - President, Wheelhouse Automotive
- Successfully Marketing and Selling Your Data
- Ken Treske - Former COO and CMO, Dotomi (sold to ValueClick in 2012)
- Winning elements of a big data product team
- Randy Horton - Founder and Managing Principal, 94 Westbound Consulting
- Panel moderator
Sponsored by the Chicago chapter of the Product Development & Management Association (PDMA), the slides are now available here.
Here are some photos from the event: