Advanced Software Engineer in Test (Java)
At Relativity, we make great software that helps users organize data, discover the truth, and act on it. Our product is used by more than 13,000 organizations around the world – in the cloud, on-premises, or both – to manage large volumes of data.
Here you can own your career in a community of values-driven people who help our customers around the world solve complex data challenges. If this sounds like the place for you, check out the details of this position below.
As an Advanced Software Engineer in Test, you will be responsible for driving customer confidence by assuring the quality of kCura’s current and future core products. The Advanced Software Engineer in Test works under moderate direction of managers and senior team members.
- Identify and resolve risks to quality such as software inconsistencies, ambiguities, and defects during the design and implementation phase of software building
- Write and execute test plans for moderately complex systems
- Create thorough and organized documentation for test cases by clearly articulating test objectives, steps, and expected results
- Design and execute workflow, test case plans, implementation points, and test data before development is complete
- Carry out root cause analysis on advanced defects to ensure causes are being addressed and fixed, not just symptoms
- Contribute to an Agile team that solves advanced challenges and builds working software
- Work with senior QA members to communicate unacceptable risks to quality
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and the collection of measures put in place to ensure consistency and improvement in the way we test software
- Perform regression testing to assure changes to the current release do not adversely affect previously implemented functionality
- Advanced knowledge of the Software Engineering and Quality Assurance discipline
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking
- Strong teamwork and partnering skills for cross-group collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communications skills for technical and non-technical audiences
- Hands-on experience with the latest QA technologies related to their feature set or domain
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related disciplines, or at least three years providing Software Quality Assurance for commercial-grade systems and applications
- At least three years to five years designing and coding software for commercial-grade systems
- At least three years to five years writing software that tests software in an automated fashion
Our software has more than 150,000 active users in more than 40 countries from organizations including the U.S. Department of Justice, more than 70 Fortune 100 companies, and more than 195 of the Am Law 200. We have grown significantly over the last several years and continue striving to build software that helps solve our customers’ toughest e-discovery and unstructured data challenges.
If you’re ready to grow with us, we’d love to hear from you.