Associate Consumer Marketing Manager - Shopper & Retailer Engagement
About Camelot Global
Camelot Illinois has been awarded the contract as the new private manager of the Illinois Lottery. The company is restoring transparency, integrity and responsibility to the Illinois Lottery. In partnership with the state, Camelot will operate a modern lottery that truly benefits the people of Illinois. The company’s innovative approach places consumers and social responsibility at its core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. Camelot is committed to building an organization with the strength and experience to grow the lottery and reinforce its rightful position as a force for good.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Global, a leading technology and professional services provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Global’s portfolio of work includes the Irish National Lottery, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), the California State Lottery, the Kentucky Lottery and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery, among others.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Marketing function will reinvigorate the Illinois Lottery brand through innovative insight-led programs such as enhanced games, effective social messaging and original advertising campaigns.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Associate Consumer Marketing Manager- Shopper & Retailer Engagement is responsible for supporting the Consumer Marketing Manager in translating brand and category plans into activity plans for the retail channel. This position develops and executes shopper marketing strategies and plans for the retailer network.
- Coordinate the development, production and delivery of all shopper-facing communications to support brand and retail strategies and initiatives.
- Act as the day-to-day marketing contact for the Retail Sales channel.
- Translate the overall marketing plan and campaign creative to impactful retail strategies including point-of-sale activation.
- Understand promotional objectives by brand and devise strategy, tactics and guidelines that deliver brand objectives at the point-of-purchase.
- Maintain an awareness of different retailers' strategies and opportunities, and an understanding of how they affect our ability to deliver the commercial strategy
- Accompany members of the sales team on retail calls as needed.
- Work alongside category teams to provide shopper plans and marketing materials to meet sales objectives.
- Develop the strategy to drive awareness of new points of distribution.
- Support the field sales team in the development and implementation of retail in-store standards.
- Provide communication materials for the field sales team to communicate content and maximize retailer engagement.
- Other responsibilities may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related discipline.
- 3 or more years of Shopper Marketing experience in retail, shopper agency or consumer product industry.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering best-in-class point-of-sale materials that effectively integrate campaign strategies.
- Experience developing full path to purchase shopper programs.
- Understanding of the retail channel, key trends, shopper behavior, opportunities and constraints.
- Experience working with sales to sell in campaigns and programs.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to influence stakeholders by creating compelling rationale.
- Results driven, with demonstrable experience of translating consumer needs and category strategy into successful retailer communication campaigns.
- Analytical skills. The ability to develop strong selling messages from commercial data.
- Track record of successful project management skills.
- Competence in the use of MS Office and/or Google Suite applications.
WHY WORK FOR US
Camelot Illinois is building a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology and operations. The Camelot values of being honest, creating together, keeping it simple and thinking long term are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Be Honest: We do what we say, we keep our promises and we don’t rest until we’ve earned each other’s respect
- Create Together: The most effective solutions come from strong collaboration, a culture of innovation, shared goals and respect for everyone’s expertise.
- Keep It Simple: We keep things simple, direct and transparent so customers in particular always know where they stand.
- Think Long Term: We work with customers to build successful lotteries for the next generation, not just the next day.
We want people who thrive in a relaxed, autonomous, results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling career in an organization committed to growing its own future leaders. Career Development is a top priority and we will partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We will bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We will also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture which is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We aim to offer a package of benefits and policies which will compete with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles in their job.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and will support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.