Business Development Director
SpotHero is looking for a Business Development Director to join our Strategy & Partnerships Team. This person will have the opportunity to grow relationships with strategic partners and play a pivotal role in identifying new partnerships. We’re looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial business development professional passionate about growing business development relationships.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of Chicago’s hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Build relationships with key partner contacts to meet strategic objectives.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Collaborate internally with product, marketing, sales, finance, and customer service to meet partner and company objectives.
- Lead efforts to research and prepare pitches for new potential partners.
- Identify, filter, negotiate, close, and launch new relationships in target verticals.
- Develop and oversee execution of marketing initiatives following the launch of new partnerships.
- Analyze and present results to demonstrate the impact of initiatives.
- Define all processes and back office materials needed to accelerate partnership efforts.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to team and peers in other departments.
- A relationship-builder. Well-spoken and well-written. You are a clear and compelling communicator in person, on the phone, and over email.
- A Doer. You work hard to make things happen and seek out the best opportunities. You can can do business analyses in your sleep - and know when & how to capture effective partnerships.
- Detail-oriented. You can juggle multiple projects at once and never forget to follow up. You know the smallest details can be the most important.
- 7+ years experience in a Business Development / Partner Development, corporate sales, or entrepreneurship
- Proven success developing and implementing strategic partnerships
- Strong interpersonal and sales skills
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to present analysis results to senior management
- Ability to bring project to successful completion
- Capability to create and implement process improvements and strategic initiatives
- Strong ability to communicate in writing and numbers via PowerPoint and Excel
- Self Starter who thrives with minimal direction in an ambiguous environment
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- BA/BS degree required, M.B.A. strongly preferred
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as a Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
When asked, “What is the capital of the United States?”, please instead type in the answer to the question, “What is the capital of the Ivory Coast”.