What You'll Be Doing:
- Amplify the ParkWhiz strategic narrative to generate awareness and position ParkWhiz strongly with media, influencers, consultants, customers, employees, and the community; own all proactive and reactive communications priorities.
- Drive a wide range of corporate reputation programs and strategic campaigns, including successfully nurturing proactive media and influencer relationships.
- Develop and lead an industry-specific event series to increase brand and vertical awareness - create content for dissemination that highlights the programming.
- Conceptualize and validate new channels: awards programs, product placement, customer reference program, online media site, and other communications programs that consistently drive positive coverage and editorial leadership for the company.
- Own thought leadership program, partnering with executives on speeches and presentations, bylined articles, and interview and panel opportunities.
- Act as a key strategic owner for charitable giving, community relations, and corporate responsibility programs.
- Monitor industry trends and consumer habits, staying ahead of the curve to inform communications strategies and tactics.
- Measure brand awareness, positioning, and communications effectiveness
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English, Poly Sci, or related communications discipline. Minor in Marketing a plus.
- Demonstrable success in public relations and communications in corporate and/or agency environments. Startup experience would be more than ideal.
- Experience championing corporate narratives…bobbing and weaving through scale.
- Strong knowledge of the cold pitch process, list building, and media measurement tracking.
- Deep background in tech and business PR with experience in leading efforts in consumer PR at local market level.
- Serious writing chops. You’re a master of written and verbal communications and have highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Strategic, creative, cerebral thinking.
- Passion, drive, energy. We move at a quick pace.
- Ability to be flexible and open to changing priorities and challenges.
- Media training, interview preparation, key message development.
- Experience and desire to run this effort as a sole operator. You’ll get budgetary and marketing support internally.
What You'll Get:
- A blank slate. This is an opportunity to step up your game and own external comms and guide a company’s narrative
- Executive buy-in. Our leadership team is chomping at the bit to have you on board
- Much more!
ParkWhiz offersCompetitive salariesMedical, dental, and life insuranceFlexible schedulesPaid holidays and generous vacationWorkstation of your choiceYou'll be working alongside a team of phenomenal people About ParkWhizFounded in 2006, Chicago based ParkWhiz.com pioneered the eParking marketplace and has since become the industry standard and market share leading platform for event and downtown parking bookings across the country. ParkWhiz has extraordinarily strong revenue growth and ongoing product innovations that continue to change the way people think about parking. ParkWhiz.com attracts highly-competitive over-achievers who thrive in a dynamic environment. Employees enjoy the rewards and challenges associated with a constantly evolving market leading technology company. If you embrace challenge, work well in a team setting, and are driven to grow and excel in your career, we'd like to hear from you.