Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The analyst will oversee our recipe testing workstreams, including owning the execution & feedback analysis of recipes tested with current customers, as well as working hands-on in Home Chef’s test kitchen to test recipes. The analyst will also aid in general culinary team work, including participating in weekly meetings and tasting and providing feedback on chef’s meals.
- Internal Recipe Testing:
- Manage the culinary department's recipe testing workstreams
- Analyze feedback received from customers and identify trends; providing relevant feedback to chefs with the goal of improving customer experience.
- With input from key culinary stakeholders, act as the final decision maker to determine recipes, techniques, and/or ingredients to test.
- Execute recipe tests, with a focus on overall customer experience
- Recommend recipe changes and update recipe steps in accordance with Home Chef recipe guidelines
- Recipe Testing with Home Chef Customers (Beta Box program)
- Manage the culinary department's beta box program
- Partner with Menu Strategy team to determine recipes to be tested & create and manage a testing schedule
- Coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders to distribute meals, communicate with customers directly, and collect recipe feedback
- Partner with chefs to incorporate customer feedback into meals and test changes & update recipe photography as needed
- Drive customer engagement & continuous improvement across the program
- Culinary General Work:
- Taste and provide feedback daily on all meals chefs develop, including red meat, vegetarian, soy, seafood, shellfish, and pork (with limited exceptions)
- Analyze weekly customer comments and make recommendations on ways to improve meals
- Sit in weekly Recipe Development team meetings
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 1-2 years of previous work experience, preferably a mix of corporate and kitchen experience
- Background in culinary knowledge strongly preferred
- High attention to detail - must adhere exactly to Home Chef cooking specifications
- Critical thinker with experience in analyzing data
- Strong communicator with ability to provide clear and concise feedback
- Computer skills (Google Suite, Excel)
- Must be able to taste and provide thorough feedback on every meal and ingredient sampled in the kitchen, including vegetarian, pork, chicken, steak, and seafood meals, as well as meals with dairy and added sugar.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here