Would you describe yourself as a research persistent leader? Are you serious, sincere, calm and systematic? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable and more creative place?
It may sound like a lofty goal, but that’s exactly what we’re doing at Black Spectacles. Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We’re on the hunt for an Architect Education Specialist to advise the Black Spectacles internal team on all architectural related concepts, QA our products and content, and assist with customer communication on our community, social media channels, and customer service chat. Additionally this person will be responsible for hiring and evaluating architect consultants for project based work.
- You are a licensed architect with 8+ years of experience
- You have experience managing at least 5 commercial projects from start to finish (including bidding, SD, DD, and CA)
- You have a strong desire to help architects in the journey of their careers
- You are skilled in communicating difficult concepts and theories related to architecture
- You're willing to be accountable to our customer's success, you encourage and respect your teammates, and you're careful and thoughtful with your work. You also appreciate and value the power of great design.
- You have experience teaching (preferred but not required)
- 'Work from wherever' policy
- Unlimited Vacation
- Blue Cross Blue Shield health, dental, vision, short-term / long-term disability and life insurance
- Flexible Savings Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
- 401k with Employer match
- Profit sharing program
- Employee referral program
- Commuter pre-tax program
- Frequent team events & quarterly social gatherings
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.