Associate Content Editor, Global Marketing
Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors reach their financial goals. We strive to illuminate investing in support of this mission, so we can reach, inspire, and enable current and aspiring investors. We are looking for an Associate Content Editor to join our Marketing team that will support the creation of differentiated experiences that reaffirm our brand purpose, drive the high standard for content we value, and champion a rich customer experience that cohesively expresses who we are at every interaction.
In this role, you’ll guard the standard for quality through editing and writing content. You won’t just think about the content in front of you, but the messages that came before and after to support the creation of compelling end-to-end content experiences. You’ll edit articles for our blog, write social content, and execute the creative vision for email campaigns – always with the goal of clear and consistent content design. You’ll work closely with a team of user-experience designers, digital strategists, visual designers, analysts, and behavioral researchers to drive toward our mission, to create great products that help investors reach their financial goals.
We’re looking for someone who will:
• Edit articles for the Morningstar blog and coach writers on how to restructure the story.
• Write and edit compelling content for social media, digital experiences, and email campaigns.
• Champion a natural language approach to brand voice and style.
• Think in systems, always keeping in mind what came before and what comes after for the reader or user.
• Spot a typo from a mile away and take the initiative to fix it.
• Interview our users and subject-matter experts to generate story ideas that inspire and excite.
• Work closely with designers and marketers to bring fresh creative direction to email campaigns.
• Show enthusiasm for tackling new challenges, learning new skills, and pitching in where you’re needed.
• Keep up with digital trends and think about how we can apply them to our work.
Experience we’d like to see:
• Minimum of 3 years experience in content strategy, writing, or editing for digital interactions or for a publishing platform.
• A degree in journalism, English, communications or a related field.
• A knack for editing and content planning.
• Working knowledge of content management systems and constructing an editorial calendar.
• Familiarity with conducting search engine optimization.
• Confidence in ability to write creative copy for social and email campaigns.
• Superb communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated ability to work with designers, writers, and subject-matter experts.
• Excellent organization and attention to detail.
• Experience with AP Style is a plus.
Please include samples of work that you’re most proud of.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity