We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. We incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re at a pivotal point in the BenchPrep story, having achieved significant growth year-over-year and nearly doubling in employee count since 2018! We’re proud and excited that more than six million learners have used BenchPrep’s platform to attain academic and professional success.
We’re committed to the best learning experience for all people, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
You will join our team of learning designers and technologists in a profitable, growing SaaS company (with the heart of a start-up!) designing and building out amazing learning experiences for learners of all types. In this role, you'll get to work with our customers to assess, plan, and structure their online courses, and then collaborate with our learning technologists to create and deliver more engaging, interactive learning experiences with real user impact. You’ll be a critical part of a great team of passionate learning content managers, learning technologists, and content conversion reviewers in a fun and engaging environment.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Supporting and potentially leading the analysis of our customers’ content and course objectives to inform our team’s course design recommendations
- Assisting in and eventually building course design overviews, including study plans, to structure content on the BenchPrep platform in the most effective and engaging manner
- Assisting and eventually leading course updates and new course creation on an ongoing basis
- Helping with content vendor management and occasionally quality assurance on a per project basis
- Collaborating with learning technologists to implement interactive course engagements and address client reported feedback.
- Support the analysis of existing course content assets from prospective enterprise customers and provide an assessment on the content’s fit and readiness for use within the BenchPrep platform
About the team:
We, as the Learning Design & Strategy team at BenchPrep, are focused on delivering optimal learning experiences for our customer’s learners. We do this by collaborating extensively with our customers and understanding how their instructional content aligns with their learning objectives and how it can be its most engaging and interactive. The team comprises learning content managers, learning technologists, and content conversion reviewers, all working very closely and collaboratively both in launching new educational programs as well as in growing existing ones. We serve as an extension of our customer’s operations team, with a goal of making them and their programs more effective.
- Be curious about learning design and how to better engage and impact learners
- Have a very strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Have a minimum of 1 year of experience working with a content management system (CMS), ideally within an enterprise or SaaS environment
- Ideally have familiarity with MathML/HTML/CSS
- Have familiarity with learning management systems (LMS)
- Have English fluency and excellent written and verbal skills
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission of universal empowerment and each day love an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. When we’re in the office, we tend to eat our (free) lunch together because we enjoy each other’s company. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility in work/life balance and operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, our office has all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Inc’s Best Workplaces for 2020, and Crain’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.