Brand Director: Strategic Thinker, Design Connoisseur, and just a Wonderful Human.
Have you been that rare talent inside an agency and looking for the next step? Are you experiencing a current glass ceiling in your current position and ready to find the place (not just a place) where you belong? Have you done tons of digital marketing, branding, and website projects and know you are ready to lead a team of inspired thinkers and designers? If so, this may be the role for you.
As Brand Director, you‘ll think strategically and conceptually about the brand experience. You understand each part of the business and are able to craft an articulate story that seamlessly translates to every single customer touchpoint. You combine a passion for sharp writing with a deep understanding of how brands communicate through digital channels. You will lead by example, working with our UI/UX teams and illustrators, to deliver beautiful digital experiences.
At Mabbly, we believe that the best brands are a reflection of their cultures, and aren’t afraid to show it. Our life’s work is connecting people who share common beliefs. We’re a strategic digital consultancy transforming brands and igniting culture inside organizations. We do strategy, design, technology, and marketing in the digital channel.
We aren’t perfect and don’t expect you to be either. The day-to-day at Mabbly is replete with change and our breadth of unique skills and experience enables us to prepare for the unexpected. It takes a high level of inspiration and self-education to be a part of our growing tribe.
What You’ll Do
- Create an aesthetic that raises the bar while consistently delivering on brand strategy and message.
- Lead direction for large-scale digital projects to completion including websites and Brand ID.
- Write concise, engaging copy that adheres to brand guidelines for voice and tone and use language best practices for the given channel.
- Collaborate with strategists and peer discipline directors (i.e. technology, analytics, etc.) to provide design direction (mostly digital), build briefs, and present to clients a logical solution to their challenges.
- Drive strategic brainstorming sessions, creative brief development and directing creative execution.
- Lead by example. Love diving into Sketch files and drafting up ideas to put into action with insourced and outsourced creative and design teams.
- Design leadership across digital mediums and provide daily design direction on various projects interacting with all designers and creative producers.
- Lead in the creation of best-in-class user experiences.
- Understand UI/UX and content hierarchy relationships and continually blazing a trail of creativity and innovation.
- Protect the integrity of design, and brand image through graphic design and strong collaboration with other department directors.
What We Need In You
- 5-7 years of experience (at least 3+ years of digital agency environment).
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing, and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies.
- Ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Strong copywriting and proofreading skills– the ability to create smart content quickly.
- Excellent presentation abilities and communication skills at all levels of both internal and client organizations .
- Proven mentoring, supervisory, and team-building skills.
- Fluent working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Invision, Keynote.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment.
- You will have a compelling portfolio of work, showcasing a wide variety of digital design work.
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver.
What You Will Love About The Tribe
- Company culture and opportunities to grow.
- Autonomy to operate as you see fit.
- R&R. Unlimited vacation and personal day policy.
- Freedom. Flexible WFH policy.
- Health benefits. Medical, dental, and vision (dependent coverage, as well).
- Short-term Disability.
- 401(k) plan.
- Need a ride? Pre-tax Commuter benefits.
- Competitive compensation with a culture first environment.
- River North office. Office snacks, cold brew and kombucha on tap.
- Regular company lunches and happy hours. Yes, it’s on us!
- The work itself. Ability to work on challenging problems with a sense of purpose, autonomy, and mastery.