CLAIMS ESTIMATE WRITER I, II, SENIOR at National General
Responsible for reviewing supplements of damages to 1st and 3rd party material damage received from repair facilities to either create a supplement or triage to another team. Also responsible for maintaining all supplement workload that is received in the NEST by following processes provided on how to move supplements to the appropriate appraisal channel. NEST Supplement Reviewer would also work closely with the NEST Claim Assistants to assist them when needed. This role is also responsible for focusing on the needs of loss participants, identifying customer needs, and working to meet those needs using appropriate customer service skills for internal (claims adjusters) and external (policy holders and claimants). This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will be located in Sangamon or St. Clair Illinois counties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Learn to handle some aspects of material damage claims with supervision
- Learn to create supplements in estimating system.
- Review supplements submitted by Repair Facilities and make a decision based on amount of supplement, supports provided, and type of items that are changed if the supplement has administrative type changes to be made or requires a NEST Estimate Writer or Field Inspection.
- Complete accurate supplements with little supervision up to $500.
- Learn how to determine subrogation or fraud potential
- Issue payments on all supplements created by the Reviewer.
- Complete continued education with both company required courses and additional outside courses
- Learn to make appraisal assignment correctly in EPIC and understand EPIC tasks and workload.
- Understand all available Methods of Inspection for appraisals.
- Develop a basic understanding of the content of all types of policies written by the company
- Develop a basic understanding of the insurance industry and the organizational relationships of the company
- Pass any exam needed for required adjuster/appraiser licensing as this will be required to make payments on claims.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Basic knowledge of claims process
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Demonstrated proficiency with basic computer skills with word processing, spreadsheets, email and internet.
- Develop understanding of claim policies & procedures
- Demonstrates ability to work well under deadlines in a changing environment.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Ability to resolve conflicts and empathize with customers is critical
- Adjuster license in your home state or state that requires examination and CE
- Familiar with estimating software such as CCC or Mitchell.
- Recognize and able to identify all body parts of a vehicle
- Negotiation Skills
- Has a general understanding of insurance law as it relates to claims
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A– (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Paid Training
• Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
• Wellness Programs
• Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
• 401k w/ Company Match
• Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
• Employee Discount Program
• Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
• On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
• On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
• Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.