Content Creator, Social Media at Root
We need a Maker. We need to level up our social media game, particularly in newer channels, targeted mostly at a younger demographic. TikTok / Reels, Snap, maybe Pinterest. Maybe something we don’t even know about yet, but YOU do. Because you’re obsessed, you’re on the pulse, you’re not just scrolling through influencers, maybe you are influencing yourself.
The channel doesn’t really matter though, does it? Good content is good content. And good content will be seen, heard, shared, talked about. We need to make good content. We need someone who can think and make stuff quickly. A lot of it, with consistency. Then pivot and make some more. We need someone who can take the essence of our brand and help communicate the values and Why behind Root Insurance so we get more people to follow us, engage with us and talk to their friends about us.
We are okay with failing and testing and messing and tweaking and trying. As long as we learn from it and then double down on the stuff that’s working. You need to help us glean insights from our content and help direct where we take it next.
We want to become the first insurance company in the world that people actually WANT to follow on social media. Can you help us make that happen?
What you'll be doing.
- Develop unique, ownable strategies for various platforms
- Use a variety of tactics and mediums to create posts
- Help grow our audience, learn what content creates more engagement and what gets shared.
- Be the go-to resource for all emerging social & digital trends and proactively find ways for Root to authentically tap into them.
- Conceptualize and lead the creation of relevant social campaigns and content
- Learn about our product and our company, and find ways to include other departments in our content creation and strategies.
- Explore channels that we’re not currently active on and identify how to leverage new features
- Develop relationships with content creators, influencers and other creative specialists.
- Analyze and distribute reports on social media performance to the internal stakeholders and regularly make recommendations, updates, and improvements based on results
- Meet with the Creative team daily to discuss priorities, findings and strategies.
What we're looking for.
- Never-ending amount of ideas
- Solid writing skills
- Video and/or animation skills
- Insatiable desire to understand the “WHY”
- Ability to learn, react and pivot quickly
- Presentation skills - you need to get other people excited about our plans, and be able to back them up with sound reasoning (this part you can grow into)
- Someone who can lead and kickstart ideation but knows that a small team can make ideas better, and is open to sharing and lots of feedback.
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.