Content Designer at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Content design at Affirm is small, mighty, and growing. We’re looking for an experienced content designer (content strategist, UX writer) who shares our passion to revolutionize how people spend, save, and get credit to join our team.
It’s a fantastic time to join. You’ll work closely with product managers, designers, researchers, and engineers to design complex, innovative products from discovery all the way through A/B testing. You’ll own and shape the voice of our products, working across many areas of the roadmap and stages of the user lifecycle. Since we’re growing fast, you’ll be working on a number of projects at once, focusing both on longer-term strategic considerations and more tactical day-to-day writing.
You'll excel at collaborating with cross-functional partners. You ask insightful questions that uncover gaps and propel teams forward. You move easily between big-picture thinking and fine tuning details. You’re great at communicating, explaining your reasoning, and advocating for the user. And, of course, you’re an excellent writer!What you'll do
- Work cross-functionally with PMs, designers, and researchers at all stages of the product development process — from ideas to optimizations.
- Contribute your expertise to product strategy and vision (not just “how it should look,” but “what should we build?”).
- Shape product experiences through information architecture, content hierarchy, usability principles, accessibility, and other best practices.
- Write stellar UX content that is useful, simple, and smart.
- Create and collaborate on user flows, communications (like texts and emails), test prototypes, research questions, and more.
- Bring your keen sense of usability to participate in design sprints for new products, helping define flows and features.
- Mentor and learn from our greater writing community at Affirm, including brand and technical writers.
- Help write style guides and other writing guidelines.
- Advance brand voice across our products.
- deeply fluent in all-around writing skills — you’re a language nerd who lives and breathes UX writing.
- Think strategically — you’re comfortable working on complex systems and frame your work around business objectives.
- Work independently with confidence and authority — and with minimal oversight.
- Love to collaborate and advocate for the user and for content strategy.
- Are creative — you’re a natural storyteller with the ability to persuade.
- Value and enjoy doing user research.
- Participate in and can help run design sprints, both as an advocate for content and a source of great product ideas.
- Advocate for a content-first approach to design!
- 3-4 years’ UX writing experience, including in native apps.
- A BA or BS in a related field (English, journalism, anthropology, human factors), or equivalent experience.
- Experience and interest in financial services is a plus.
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.