Ensono helps IT leaders of some of the world’s most successful companies be the catalyst for change by harnessing the power of hybrid IT to transform their businesses. We are curious about the world and how we can make a difference. We have high expectations for our clients and for our associates and joining us means challenging yourself to find new and better ways to do things that matter.
As a Content Director, you will tackle a wide variety of interesting challenges/opportunities, which start with acquiring a deep understanding of our business, technology industry and uncovering key insights that will build our brand, change behavior, and drive engagement.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Marketing Communications and Brand, you’ll need to have some mastery of the technology industry (bonus if you know mainframe and/or cloud), and a passion to be on the cutting edge of what types of content reaches various audiences and during what stages in the buying journey. Being an expert communicator, knowing how to bring cross-functional teams together and leveraging internal/agency resources to get things done will be key in this role.
- Lead a cross-functional team of product owners, product marketing managers, creatives, and technical associates to identify trending topics and generate content for those topics. You must know the industry enough to ask the right questions and walk away knowing what content to pursue.
- Evolve and maintain a high-performing content engine that outputs a variety of content pieces across the entire business and for a multi-channel environment.
- Collaborate with sales to deliver key messages and toolkits to accelerate sales.
- Work with regional marketing leads to ensure that lead generation campaigns are fueled with relevant, effective content.
- Lead multiple content projects at a time, understanding what types of content to develop and be able to clearly state why that is the most appropriate content solution and how it’ll be used.
- Leverage keyword analysis, market data and content performance reports to identify content needs and gaps across stages of the buyer’s journey and improve organic search ranking.
- Create and evolve standards (or recommend tools) for content strategy documentation, including content inventories, audits, strategies, content models, message maps, editorial calendars, and content playbooks.
- Define and evolve standards for content governance in terms of quality, relevance, consistency, and uniqueness.
- Ensure the brand standards are adhered and the brand’s personality and tone of voice are consistently pulled through.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 8+ years professional experience in content strategy for product
- Knowledge of the IT industry
- Strong grasp of brand and digital marketing
- Strong understanding of user-centered content strategy principles and best practices
- Strong content curation/development experience with a track record of customizing/targeted messaging for a specific industry audiences/client priorities
- Familiarity with SEM and SEO, including keyword research, organic and paid search