Content Manager - Proposals
Rally Health is all about putting health in the hands of the individual. It’s our mission, and it drives everything we do, which is to empower people with easy-to-use online and mobile tools that help them take charge of their health and health care, from improving their diet and fitness to selecting health benefits, and choosing the right doctor at the right price for their needs.
Our culture is built on a deep and sincere dedication to helping people live healthier lives. To do this, we are committed to innovating continuously at every level. We know that some of the things we do are not going to work, and that’s okay. We’re not trying to build something that is churn and burn. We’re building something that supports people over their lifetime. As Rally Health founder and CEO Grant Verstandig says, “We get to do amazing work every day that directly impacts the lives of millions of people for the better."
Does helping grow and support the Rally Health business excite you? Do you love building excellent communications that will impact lives? Is your dream job a dynamic role that allows you to ramp up quickly and help craft positive change? Do you want to share your gift of writing with a group that believes in communication, teamwork, and having fun while doing it? Then our Content Manager, Proposals role is right for you!
The proposal content writer and manager is critical for the development and maintenance of proposal content for Rally Health bids, supporting the proposal development process for all products, markets, and business channels. The primary role will be supporting sales teams with Optum proposals but will also assist Rally sales leader(s) managing employer opportunities through our distribution channel partners.
You will have meticulous attention to detail, delight in clear, logical, and persuasive writing, have an affinity for order and chaos in equal measure, and be driven to learn and grow. An interest in the sales, health, and technology environment is necessary. In our rapidly iterating suite of solutions, proposal content will require ongoing grooming and you will be able to reframe existing content for varied audiences and sales channels. You will be comfortable with the pressure of deadline-focused work, and also have the self-discipline to create and adhere to self-imposed deadlines for ongoing project work.
- Write new and lead existing proposal content and structure within proposal database including periodic content review and updates, including edits to ensure consistency, accuracy, and adherence to style guidelines
- At the direction of the sales leader, research or validate responses for high profile channel partner employer-focused RFPs
- Identify and coordinate delivery of strategic/custom responses, collaborating with the proposal manager for strategic writing
- Ensure that new information generated/created for proposals is incorporated appropriately into all components of the database infrastructure
- Stay current on regular release notes and reconcile product changes/enhancements against existing content; identify content gaps; ensure new product descriptions/product updates from SMEs are incorporated into the database on a timely basis; Research and development of new content as directed
- Respond to feedback from other writers, sales leaders, product experts, and legal experts to improve content
- Develop and execute on an annual plan to update/review the content in the database on a regular basis with the Rally Health subject matter experts (SMEs); Liaise with users and SMEs, promoting proposal content standard methodologies
- Collaborate with partners and users on the refinement of database infrastructure, ensuring content is easy to find and intuitive
- Act as the database SME for Rally users; field questions about search functionality and existing content, provide 1:1 training, generating reports for analysis of usage patterns
- 5+ years experience writing in a proposal environment with exposure to technology, health care, and sales
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred - Journalism or Marketing
- Very strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience with Qvidian or other dataset/content management tool
- This position will be office-based, in San Francisco, CA, Minneapolis, MN, Washington, DC or Chicago, IL.
Rally Health is committed to ensuring that its workforce reflects America’s diverse population. Rally Health knows that such diversity will enrich us with the talent, energy, perspective and inspiration it needs to achieve its mission. Rally Health believes in a policy of equal employment and opportunity for all people based on merit and commitment to the principles of diversity. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job titles, and administer all programs, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, sex, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, political affiliation, veteran status, union affiliation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Individuals with disabilities and veterans are supported to apply. Applicants who require an accommodation related to the application and/or review process should notify Talent Acquisition ([email protected]).
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.