Content Marketing Specialist
Hello, we’re Built In
We are a network of online communities for technology companies and startups. We connect talent to startups, cover local tech news and host events. Headquartered in Chicago, we currently operate in seven markets: Chicago, LA, NYC, Colorado, Austin, Boston and Seattle.
By working at Built In, you’ll have the chance to work directly with the latest and fastest-growing technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points — talent and awareness — with our employer branding and recruitment solutions.
We're looking for a Content Marketing Specialist
As the Content Marketing Specialist - reporting to the Director of Marketing - you will be responsible for concepting, writing and distributing marketing content and associated campaigns that will enhance the organization’s digital footprint, boost awareness and generate leads. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail and project management skills.
Your primary responsibilities will revolve around the production and promotion of effective marketing content, but you will also receive training in leading campaign management, analytics and marketing automation tools, developing a competitive skillset and further advancing your career in the process.
How you'll contribute:
- Scoping, designing, creating and delivering marketing content and associated campaigns across numerous formats, including blog posts, e-books, email, case studies, social media, webinars, byline articles, etc.
- Working with the Director of Marketing to develop and manage editorial calendars and organizational workflows.
- Working with the Director of Marketing to evolve the organization’s content strategy to ensure constant alignment with strategic objectives.
- Collaborating across numerous teams to uncover opportunities for the organization to establish authority on topics that matter to our customers and map to relevant solutions, features and benefits.
- Developing a robust understanding of the recruiting and technology industries as they relate to the business’ mission and objectives and remaining up-to-date on trends and developments.
What you need
- BA/BS in marketing, journalism, communications, or related field
- At least 1 year of experience producing long- and short-form content across numerous formats including blog posts, e-books, email, case studies, social media, webinars, byline articles, etc.
- Applicants must submit writing samples or a link to a digital portfolio with their application to be considered.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and trust across all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable making recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative findings.
- Excellent project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- A self starter that embraces change and isn’t afraid to tackle new challenges on a daily basis.
Preferred (not mandatory) Skills
- Understanding of SEO best practices.
- Experience with social media management.
- Experience with content management systems (Drupal).
- Experience measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing content through quantitative web-based measurement (Google Analytics) and qualitative feedback from stakeholders.
What we value
- Communication - You should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and trust. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must.
- Interest in and knowledge of the digital industry - You must be passionate about three things: (1) technology (2) building innovative digital products and services; and (3) helping companies grow. This is what we do.
- Getting the job done – You may need to work some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
- Culture add – We treat each other and all members vital to the community with respect. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality, experience and overall fit over a degree.
Built In is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.