Content Marketing Specialist
Codal is a user experience design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Our clientele has ranged from small business to the Fortune 100, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
Roles & Responsibilities
Codal is searching for a highly-skilled technical content marketing specialist. The candidate will author blog posts, white papers, case studies, proposals, and other short- and long-form digital content related to design and development in support of Codal’s internal marketing efforts. With veritable experience writing for a B2B audience while adhering to SEO guidelines, our ideal candidate will use their technical knowledge to author actionable, engaging content and ultimately grow Codal’s audience.
Please Note: This position is local to Chicago and remote candidates will not be considered. Additionally, a writing assessment will be part of the decision-making process.
Candidates must have proven experience in content writing, preferably in a digital agency or other B2B settings. Other responsibilities include:
- Pitching, researching, authoring, and editing blog posts, articles, reviews, case studies, and other short- and long-form digital content on UX design and development
- Writing, editing, and assisting in the creation of sales proposals for prospective clients
- Authoring accompanying social copy for all content posted to Codal’s social channels
- Contributing to the blogs of Codal’s co-marketing partners and industry publications
- Monitoring the performance of all publicly-posted content and generating articles accordingly
- Assisting in the development of Codal’s broader content marketing strategy
- Familiarity with sourcing writers is beneficial
Requirements / Must-Haves
- 3+ years of verifiable experience in content and copywriting, preferably on technical topics including UX design, eCommerce, and software development
- Previous experience with a building and/or executing a content marketing strategy
- Familiarity with the basics of SEO and readability scoring
- Proficiency with WordPress, Google Suite
- Familiarity with HubSpot or similar digital marketing suite(s)
- Superb written / verbal communication skills
- Ability to translate highly technical concepts into highly readable, actionable content for a B2B audience
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Note: Please include a link to your portfolio and/or other writing samples.
Why Work For Codal
As a Codal employee, you're a member of a dedicated & driven organization, composed of industry visionaries and auteurs. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company, in a friendlier, tight-knit office community.