Content & Product Marketing Manager
Reports to: VP Marketing
Who You Are
Your bar is higher than most, and you take great pride in producing quality work in an agile fashion.
You love imagining new ideas, but understand that in order to be truly effective, you must marry creative ideation with strong execution and prioritization. What’s best for the business (and you) may sometimes be 110% effort to knock something out of the park, or 85% effort to get something to baseline good -- and you’re an excellent judge of which scenario you’re facing at all times.
You’re capable of driving product marketing, content, and messaging strategy with a customer perspective and a deep understanding of Ascent’s position in the market. At the same time, you’re excited to get into the trenches and execute on a tactical level because getting your hands dirty is a big part of the fun.
You’re a master wordsmith, able to transform seemingly complex concepts into written form that is memorable, engaging, and reflective of Ascent’s innovative and disruptive personality. You have bold ideas. It’s more likely that we’ll have to reign you in, rather than pull you out of your shell.
Lastly, you thrive on collaboration and appreciate that feedback (giving and receiving) is an integral part of the creative process. The prospect of building something from the ground up doesn’t scare you, it excites you.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Bring significant awareness to Ascent’s brand and solutions, with a focus on growing demand
- Serve as lead writer and chief storyteller; create compelling content that provides value to our target audience and gets hand raises (including web content, thought leadership articles, educational blogs, case studies, tear sheets, etc.)
- Lead and develop product positioning and messaging by understanding the market, our brand, customer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive landscape
- Lead efforts in refining and articulating how we create value in a bold and innovative way
- Launch messaging that moves people, enables our sales team, and drives forward our innovation narrative
- Take a major role in coming up with content + campaigns that will create opportunities
- Build a winning value proposition framework for use across our key industry segments and personas
- Own and evolve our buyer personas and solution use cases
- Help create compelling presentations to both internal and external audiences
- Help define and manage plans for product launches, coordinating efforts across Product, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience teams
- Leverage your ever-growing market and customer expertise to contribute to the development of our go-to-market strategy
- 6-8 years' of experience in product marketing or content marketing for a B2B product
- Exceptional writing skills
- At home in a fast-moving startup environment
- Working knowledge of content/inbound marketing concepts and principles
- Demonstrated understanding of results-based planning that will help Ascent achieve its objectives in generating demand and generating/nurturing leads
- Experience in the finance, legal, risk, and/or compliance space
- Experience marketing B2B technology
- Experience in planning and producing video content and/or other visual formats
*Writing samples will be requested as part of the interview process.
Ascent employees enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; premiums paid 95% for the individual
- Medical premiums paid 50% for covered dependents
- Medical HSA/FSAs
- Life insurance
- Disability benefits
- Commuter benefits
- Dependent Care FSA
- Flexible PTO
- Professional development stipend
- Charitable matching gift program
- The opportunity to work with smart people on challenging problems!
Ascent is a Reg-tech startup that closed its Series B funding round of $19.3M in Fall 2019. Founded only four years ago, the team has since grown to almost 50 full time employees, led and supported by an executive team and board of directors with extensive experience in technology, regulatory compliance, sales and business operations. Ascent serves global financial institutions such as ING and CommBank, and is also working directly with regulators around the world in order to continually improve and advance our product.
A first mover in building proprietary RegulationAI™, Ascent delivers market leading regulatory knowledge as a groundbreaking new way for financial firms to manage compliance. It is our mission to help our customers protect their business from regulatory and reputational risk while reducing their overall cost to comply.
We prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion and believe strongly that a team with different backgrounds and perspectives produces better results. Together, we are solving a $64 billion global problem in regulatory compliance. Watch this video to learn more about what we do.
Ascent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.