Content Specialist at Sprout Social
Sprout Social is looking for a driven, creative and detail-oriented individual to join our growing Content Team. You’d be a good fit for this role if you enjoy:
- Developing educational and thought-provoking content that solves readers’ challenges and opens them to new ideas
- Breaking down complex concepts using compelling stories and engaging formats
- Digging into data to come up with ideas to optimize content performance
- Keeping up with the latest social media and marketing trends
- Seeing your content make real business impact
In this role, you’ll spend the majority of your time creating content that helps Sprout reach more social media, marketing and customer care professionals. Outside of writing, you’ll play an important role in projects focused on optimizing and improving conversion from our content. You’ll work closely with other members of the Content Team, as well as the SEO, Demand Generation and Analytics Teams, to ensure your content makes the maximum impact.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator who is comfortable working independently in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment and using data to inform content creation. They will be part of our Acquisition Marketing Squad and report to the Sr. Manager of Content & Communications.
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 2+ years of demonstrated success writing long-form content, scoping projects and meeting deadlines
- 2+ years utilizing SEO best practices in content
Previous experience working in the software/SaaS industry, working directly with customers or external partners on content, and/or using Sprout Social would be a plus.
Within one month, you will...
- Attend Sprout Social new hire training to learn about our company, culture, values and products and understand the value we deliver to customers
- Meet with key partners on the Content, SEO, Demand Generation and Analytics Teams to learn about their roles and how they work with the Content Team
- Develop a firm understanding of Sprout’s brand positioning and writing guidelines
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s content and content operations
- Soak up knowledge from everyone you meet, and ask plenty of questions
Within three months, you will...
- Write and publish high-quality pieces of content, which may include articles, guides, case studies, research reports, templates and worksheets
- Develop a strong understanding of Sprout’s audience and target personas, including our top customer industries and their unique pain points
- Familiarize yourself with the B2B SaaS model, how content contributes to our business goals and key metrics
- Understand the ins and outs of project management and content tools like Jira, Wordpress and Smartsheet
- Immerse yourself in learning about Sprout’s product, customers and success stories
Within six months, you will...
- Regularly share ideas for new pieces of content, both in team brainstorms and as they arise based on content performance and industry trends
- Support efforts to increase guide downloads, trial signups and demo requests from Sprout Insights through CTA optimization and updates to existing content
- Understand the role of customer stories in our content strategy and develop a perspective on how to expand and build on our past efforts
- Be comfortable and proactive about working with collaborators to give feedback, push the creativity of our content and bring strategic insight to the table
Within 12 months, you will…
- Contribute ideas on how to improve content conversion and exceed our content goals
- Lead meetings and brainstorms to develop content ideas and come up with plans for the Content Team to contribute to cross-functional marketing projects
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change our team and marketing efforts in ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Sprout Social offers deep social media listening and analytics, social management, customer care, and advocacy solutions to more than 25,000 brands and agencies worldwide. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and building elegant, sophisticated software. Founded in 2010 and headquartered in Chicago, we are a team of 700 people located across more than 25 cities worldwide. In addition to our headquarters in Chicago, Sprout has offices in Seattle and Dublin.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit offerings like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best whether you are in an office or working remotely
- State of the art offices in cities where Sprout has physical locations (Chicago and Seattle) for those that prefer an office setting
- Solid programs in some of the staples: medical coverage, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application. If your state is listed, we're good to move forward. If not, we're not able to hire in your state at this time. If you'd like to stay in touch with us in case that changes in the future, please apply and we'll save your application for possible future consideration.