Tribune Content Agency is seeking a dedicated individual to join our SmartContent product team as a Content Specialist to develop and support our news content ingestion, management, classification and delivery systems. TCA is an industry leader in providing content solutions to the global information marketplace, and the SmartContent team is critical to the success of that mission. We maintain and enhance a mission-critical data ingestion system that gathers and distributes market-moving, ground-breaking content every day in support of TCA's content platforms and enterprise feeds.
Successful candidates are motivated, self-directed, and passionate about shaping the future of news distribution by working at the intersection of hard-hitting journalism and big data. Work with our team of content specialists to craft customized information solutions for our hundreds of clients worldwide. Day-to-day responsibilities include designing and deploying specialized content harvesting algorithms, creating and enhancing tools to facilitate data collection, and expanding and refining our industry-leading news ontology.
- Develop, deploy, maintain and upgrade specialized content harvesting algorithms
- Develop and refine news ontology
- Use content management system to move records among databases for editorial review and customer delivery
- Collaborate with contributors and TCA departments to manage customer accounts, establish and configure content delivery, and support platforms and feeds.
- Monitor delivery channels and content ingestion processes and troubleshoot content gathering and delivery problems. Send corrections and kills as required.
- Support sales and marketing efforts by developing customized product and delivery solutions and participating in client outreach and demonstrations as required.
- Work with cross-functional teams on enterprise data strategy and contribute to special projects
- College degree(s) in computer science, journalism, English, or a closely related field and minimum of two years’ equivalent work experience required
- Familiarity with taxonomic classification and/or news content management systems is desirable. Practical editorial and/or HTML/CSS experience is a plus
- Must possess initiative, sound judgment, and a strong sense of accountability
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, a commitment to accuracy, and the ability to multitask and perform well under constant deadlines with minimal supervision
- Able to work independently while displaying strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to communicate comfortably and knowledgably with all levels of staff and management are a must