M1 is a young, rapidly growing company revolutionizing personal finance. The current tools used to invest, borrow, or spend your money are woefully undershooting what’s possible -- so we have created a new generation of investment and banking tools that will entirely reinvent how people interact with their money.
Our signature product is a beautiful, one-of-a-kind, free investing platform. People can easily create and automate their investments, borrow against a flexible portfolio line of credit, and soon, use M1 as their bank -- creating a finance experience that is totally new and incredibly exciting. There has never been an easier, more convenient, or less expensive way to control all aspects of your finances.
We manage more than two billion dollars and are signing up thousands of new customers each week. But we are not done! We have ambitious plans to take on an entrenched, aging industry. Join us and help build the future of personal finance.
Benefits of working at M1 include competitive salary and stock options; medical, dental, and vision insurance; retirement benefit with employer match; commuter benefits; unlimited vacation; office in the Loop near public transit; access to learning and development opportunities; access to game room and gym; and more.
M1 is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
As Content Specialist/Copywriter, you’ll play an important role in multi-channel communications for M1’s core audience, the Savvy Investor. Your creative writing skills will help drive M1’s mission to empower people to take control of their finances and improve their financial well-being.
Joining the M1 Marketing team is a great opportunity if you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want the responsibility and accountability for leading projects, crafting amazing ideas and driving flawless execution. And if you have a passion for fintech, you need to apply.
- Create and edit content for use in a variety of applications, including: website content, emails, newsletters, blogs, app messages, video scripts, social media content, and other marketing materials to promote M1.
- Maintain a content calendar for M1’s newsletter, The Investor’s Mindset (sent to 500,000+ clients every month). Partner with creative lead and social media strategist to manage content strategy, and write original blog content (both for the newsletter and for other company announcements, such as product launches).
- Use search engine optimization (SEO) strategies in writing to maximize the online visibility of a website in search results.
- Translate M1’s creative principles into written word and breathe life into the brand while driving M1’s mission to empower people to improve their financial well-being.
- Partner with product and marketing teams to develop strategies for new product launches and announcements.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement.
- Stay up to date on the latest news and trends in finance.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a copywriter in an agency or e-commerce/financial services company or relevant publications, showcasing strong conceptual abilities, clear strategic thinking, solid writing skills and a knowledge of the digital landscape.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and concisely present ideas and concepts and tailor communication to varying audiences. Must be able to demonstrate a passion for persuasive writing and capturing stories.
- Experience with SEO tools and Google Analytics is preferred.
- Knowledge of WordPress and Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a plus.
- Finance experience is a plus.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to balance and switch between high-level strategy thinking and hands-on execution.
- Positive outlook and proactive mindset.
Let's see what you've got
Along with your resume, please submit a portfolio (or link to your online portfolio). Your portfolio should include long-form writing examples as well as microcopy. Show us you can write with personality while achieving business goals.