Tribune Publishing is seeking a highly-organized, creative Content Strategist. The strategist will work with our sales team to execute a solid editorial content strategy, given a clients’ needs and scope The strategist will ideate and produce the content, with a team of creative and writers. He/she must be a self-starter, who can take direction as well as provide direction when needed. Additionally, the strategist must be able to learn quickly, take on new challenges, and juggle multiple projects with varying client needs and backgrounds. Though the position reports into our Chicago office, we will consider candidates who live outside the area.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that’s the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.
- Work with our markets and client to create and direct content (including leading brainstorms, suggesting ideas and angles, seeking clarifying info to guide product creation)
- Monitor design work (provide input; discuss designs with art directors and creatives)
- Write and edit (provide input, mold content direction and resolve style issues)
- Guide internal and external kick-off-calls
- Work with markets to answer questions about the Studio, resolve project and personnel issues
- Assign outside work to qualified writers, designers, vendors, etc.
- Liaison with Project Managers for workflow and process
- Follow content calendars and keep all work on schedule
- Superior news judgment and consummate editorial skills, such as shaping narratives
- Ability to think strategically about audience, media and operating in the economic landscape
- Excellent writing skills
- Good communicator, comfortable and adept with written and spoken forms
- At least 2 years of experience in significant editorial roles
- Incredible time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree