Content Strategist at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
As part of the global marketing organization, the Digital Marketing team supports servicenow.com and other external-facing websites. Our digital properties represent our brand, the products we sell, and who we are as a company. We are a team of designers, strategists, copywriters, and researchers. This is an especially exciting moment in ServiceNow’s history. Our business is thriving, our customer base is growing, and delivering a world-class digital experience is key to our company’s mission.
We are looking for a content strategist who brings expertise and innovation to delivering the right content to the right audience at the right moment in their digital journey. You will manage end-to-end content strategy for projects, from discovery to publishing to post-launch optimization and governance. You’ll merge data with your insights to craft best-in-class experiences that solve user needs and align with brand values and business goals.
The ideal candidate understands best practices in content, digital marketing, web usability, and SEO. You know how to collaborate with cross-functional teams, synthesize input into a cohesive content strategy, and communicate effectively to gain approval from stakeholders.
What you’ll do in this role
- Develop content strategies that target the right audience with the right content to satisfy user needs and to drive deeper engagement with ServiceNow.
- Discover customer and business requirements by conducting discovery, including web analytics, user testing, competitive analysis, and stakeholder interviews.
- Create flexible content models and page types that meet current project goals and anticipate future needs.
- Partner with UX designers and engineers to design components that are scalable across multiple use cases and optimized for mobile, search, and localization.
- Collaborate with digital copywriters and content creators from other teams (product marketing, events, campaigns, brand) to map the user journey, curate assets, and align copy with strategy.
- Improve content discoverability through search optimization, navigation, personalization, automation, and other strategies.
- Create personas, journey maps, page briefs, authoring templates, playbooks, and other strategy artifacts to document best practices for internal and agency writers and designers.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, with an agile approach that adapts to changing timelines and requirements while ensuring high-quality results.
What you’ll need to succeed in this role
- 3-5 years of experience working in digital content strategy, preferably for enterprise B2B technology websites
- Experience working in collaborative teams and integrating user-centric design principles and research into the content strategy process
- Understanding of the best practices of content architecture, optimization, and management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; confident public speaker
- Proven success building stakeholder relationships
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Analytics preferred
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in English, marketing, journalism, or related field; or related experience
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.