At Topstep, individuals fully own their roles and are charged with meaningfully driving results. We work fast and continuously optimize our products to reach more and more traders worldwide.
We’re looking for someone who has a serious interest in the markets, as well as a competency in writing, to produce engaging content for our community. No, this is not simply a ‘financial copywriter’ role, but rather one that requires the natural curiosity and creativity that can come up with great ideas to write about. We’re looking for someone who can provide commentary on the markets beyond surface level; someone with a unique viewpoint on things like trader psychology, how current events affect the markets (or even if they do at all), and what the future of our industry holds. It’s fair to note that this role will also assist the rest of the company in content creation, which could range from email workflows, to editing articles and writing employer branding pieces. No two days will be the same, but you will consistently contribute to high level department and company priorities!
The successful candidate will also have a genuine enthusiasm for entrepreneurship and be able to excel in a fast-paced, high energy start-up environment.
Excited about this opportunity? Read on, keeping in mind that we strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective, and we are always eager to further diversify our company. Topstep believes that diverse people and ideas result in better business, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive culture where you can thrive.
The Role, along with everything you’d expect
- The Content Writer role is an ideal opportunity to share your passion for trading and financial markets with the world by creating engaging and timely content
- The role is also a great fit for a freelance financial writer who is looking for more stability and a collaborative team environment
- The Content Writer will work closely with our Content Manager, who is multi-talented and sets a high bar (be sure to check out our blog)
- You will work cross-departmentally to create original written content (predominately blog posts and email workflows) according to our brand voice, and company goals
- Equally important is taking content assets, like our podcast, and turning them into written form in order to repurpose for different audiences and formats
The Ideal Candidate
- Passion for financial markets is a must. We need someone who knows what our traders care about engaging with, so this is a hard requirement. Do you watch CNBC in your spare time? Do you typically know the price of a barrel of oil? If so, this could be a great fit.
- Excellent English writing skills, attention to detail, time management skills, and overall positive attitude. This role will be fast-paced, highly productive, and will operate with autonomy within a given content theme post-training.
- Familiarity with a blogging platform, like HubSpot or Wordpress would be great, but is not required.
- Consumer of content, and endlessly curious. We want someone who takes initiative to create the kind of content they’d want to read!
- Smart and approachable. Our entire company will rely on the Content Team for aspects of different projects, and we're team players. As the employees are our clients, establishing a great rapport is one of the most important aspects of the role.
- Ability to prioritize initiatives and communicate clearly across the company. As a small company, we always have a lot going on, and we rely on our teams to have the skills to navigate the best way to accomplish our goals.
- Experience in digital marketing best practices. You don't have to be a pro, but if you have past experience in financial blogging or basic SEO, that’d be great. We can teach you, if not.
- Competitive salary and bonus incentives
- 401(k) plus match, to help plan for your future
- Generous paid family leave, plus flexible ramp up period upon return, and extra PTO days
- Access to senior management and mentoring opportunities
- Monthly team Innovation Labs, which contribute to long term strategic decisions
- Vacation bonus, when you take off 5 consecutive days to fully clock out
- #TopstepTravel, a semi-regular raffle for luxury accommodations in a variety of cities
- Professional development budget, provided for continuing education, training, and workshops
- Employee Assistance Program, for when you need some professional support in your personal life
- Company parties and outings, happy hours and catered lunches, breakfast and snack bar
- Annual company-wide Step Up Day, a day spent giving back to our community
- Graceful Leave Policy
- Casual work environment and dress code
- Summer Friday (flexible) hours
- Opportunities to work from home
- Pre-tax spending accounts, for your dependent and health care needs plus transportation
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days, increasing annually), plus paid holidays, paid sick days, and paid volunteer hours
- Medical, dental, vision, life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
Is Topstep the place for you? If so, apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
TopstepTrader is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, or any other basis protected under the law.