Are you skilled at creating powerful messages that compel customers to take action? Sprout Social is looking for a Conversion Copywriter to join our Brand Creative team. This team is comprised of multidisciplinary designers, illustrators, animators, copywriters and video producers. This person will have the chance to collaborate across these disciplines as well as with the strategists on our Lifecycle Marketing team to distill voice-of-customer data into messaging recommendations that drive results.
The copywriter we seek gets as excited about messaging frameworks, copy formulas and CRO as they do elegant prose. They will enjoy the creative and analytical challenge of merging customer research and conversion copy principles with our brand voice. They are hungry to research, execute, test and measure copy designed to educate our current customer segments, win new customers and position Sprout as a thought leader in the social media management space.
In terms of past experience, you have written web copy for email, landing pages, digital ads and more—all designed to drive measurable action. (“One page, one purpose” might be your personal mantra.) You are able to combine the science of conversion copywriting with the art of embodying a brand voice and adhering to principles of good writing. You’ve fielded feedback and collaborated with stakeholders from various teams to craft copy that speaks to a target audience and drives desired actions.
Our creative and marketing teams have helped us reach 25,000 customers worldwide including Evernote, Grubhub, Subaru and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. The messaging strategies and copy you deliver will serve to directly impact our customer growth.
Within 1 month, you will...
- Attend 2 weeks of Sprout Social training to learn the ins and outs of the product and better understand the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Get exposure and build relationships with other Creative disciplines (Brand, Video, Design, Marketing Development and Product) as well as our Lifecycle Marketing team.
- Meet with Project Management to develop an understanding of the team’s current process and structure.
- Familiarize yourself with Sprout’s brand (including our family of products).
- Immerse yourself in Sprout’s brand positioning and how that relates to the story that we want to tell throughout our conversion copy.
- Soak up knowledge from every corner of the org!
Within 3 months, you will…
- Have a good understanding of the product, our industry and Sprout’s different customer segments (SMB, enterprise, agency).
- Attend planning meetings and project kickoffs of the Lifecycle Marketing team.
- Begin crafting copy for the Lifecycle Marketing team projects, digging into voice-of-customer data, marrying conversion copy principles with brand guidelines and tracking results.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Creative to ensure excellence in all assigned written communication and alignment between brand and marketing vision.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Successfully implement change in how we approach conversion copy, and have tangible results from your impact.
- Define and document best practices for how to apply our brand guidelines to conversion copy.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Be completely at home as a critical member of the Brand Creative team as well as the company as a whole, with a deep understanding of the Lifecycle Marketing team’s needs.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
- Who knows! Part of joining a company at this size and growth curve is being comfortable with some unknowns, and an evolving set of responsibilities!
NOTE: An online portfolio and/or writing samples is required for consideration.
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!