Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
When you think “financial services,” a few things might come to mind: Shocking interest rates. Unexpected annual fees. Fine print as long as your arm. But at Affirm, we’re redefining all that. We’re on a mission to change this industry by offering people a better way to pay for the things they want, need, or just plain love—with no fees, no gotchas, and no regrets. And we need people like you to join us as we bring this mission to life.
We’re looking for a mid-level copywriter, focused on growth marketing, to help us spread the good word of Affirm to our consumers.
What you’ll do
- Join our in-house brand team, made up of designers, strategists, and—of course—writers
- Collaborate closely with design, growth marketing, and email operations to build on-brand, best-in-class creative that gets results
- Write compelling, smart copy; push the boundaries of our brand voice; and help uphold and evolve our standards as a key member of the brand copywriting team
- Mentor and learn from the greater writing community at Affirm, including content design and technical writing
What we’re looking for
- A creative, flexible copywriter with 3-4 years of experience at a consumer brand or agency, adept at writing consumer-centric copy
- An understanding of copy needs and goals across digital channels including email, digital media, social, SMS/push, and landing pages
- The ability to take complex ideas and information and make it feel simple
- A strategic mentality and the ability to align your work to the greater goals of the brand and the business
- Experience working with designers to concept and produce on-brand, on-strategy marketing deliverables
- Solid editing and proofreading skills, and an overall keen eye for detail
- Experience working in a complex regulated industry is a plus
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.