Copywriter at Morningstar
The Group: Morningstar’s mission is to create great products that help investors reach their financial goals. For the Workplace group, that means creating products and solutions that help individuals achieve better retirement outcomes and for employers to maximize the value of their workplace retirement plans. The workplace marketing team is critical to achieving this mission. We are looking for a copywriter to support the creation of authentic and differentiated product marketing content that reaffirms our purpose, promotes the high standard for content we value, and drives rich customer experiences and results that cohesively express the Morningstar brand and workplace mission with every interaction and opportunity.
The Role: In this role, you’ll guard the standard for quality through writing and editing content and will be required to write for a range of different audiences, from individuals with little investment experience to large financial institutions with a wealth of knowledge. In partnership with our product marketing, product management, and content strategy teams, the copywriter will be responsible for crafting one-sheets, emails, whitepapers, social media posts, participant-engagement and adoption materials, event-specific content, sales enablement materials, and webinar communication assets to facilitate product marketing campaign production and measurement. This role reports to the head of workplace marketing and collaborates closely with our design, sales, product and business teams.
We’re looking for someone who will:
• Write and edit compelling content for social media, events, sales/product collateral, digital experiences and email campaigns
• Create product narratives, messaging, and overall architecture of marketing pieces
• Champion a natural language approach to brand voice and style
• Create content that aligns with compliance and regulatory requirements
• Distill dense retirement research into more digestible user-friendly pieces, blog posts, one sheets, infographics, etc.
• Proofread content developed by marketing, design and business team
• Assist, when needed, in the development of user interface content for our retirement products
• Discover new ways to engage with customers to help them throughout their retirement journey
• Evolve our strategic narrative to promote key differentiators and why we are experts in the retirement space
• Show enthusiasm for tackling new challenges, learning new skills, and pitching in where you’re needed
• Keep up with digital trends and think about how we can apply them to our work
• Build a deep understanding of Morningstar’s value, our capabilities, and how we serve our audiences
Experience we’d like to see:
• Minimum of four years of experience in content strategy, writing, or editing in an agency or corporate environment
• A degree in journalism, English, communications or a related field; a master’s degree or other relevant graduate degree is a plus
• Confidence in ability to write creative copy for multi-channel marketing campaigns
• Superb communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to work with marketers, content strategists, and subject-matter experts
• A solid understanding of how to maintain consistent style and voice
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Experience with investment data or the retirement industry is a plus
• Experience with AP Style and writing for B2B products is a plus
• Ability to produce work quickly, with strength in observing and managing deadlines
Please include writing and editing samples.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.