Digital Content Specialist
To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team as the Digital Content Specialist in Physician Engagement. As part of the team, you will build and produce digital content pages for our AMA website within the content management system to meet organizational initiatives.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Oversees daily content updates, assists with writing copy for web landing pages, and assists on AMA digital content projects and, as needed, with content on other AMA microsites and platforms. Produces and populates page templates in the content management system, uploads and posts website content and ensures content is up-to-date and accurate.
- Edits website copy, participates in refining headlines, performing some substantive or light editing, checking links and overall site consistency. Assist in editing guidelines for the team. Perform proofreading, cross checking, quality assurance and version control on website content and, on occasion, other microsites. Review content assets for brand consistency, accurateness, voice and tone, and audience targeting.
- Support search engine optimization and digital marketing conversion efforts and other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or related Communications discipline required, with concentration in digital writing/editing and digital content publishing strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with content publishing, writing and editing for the web, and content management. Must have strong editorial skills and content publishing experience or experience with publishing content in a comparable enterprise content management system. CMS experience; Drupal CMS environment knowledge strongly preferred.
- Have strong knowledge of content strategy, search engine optimization, digital marketing, content design and UX principles and technical skills of working within a content management system.
- Ability to think conceptually and create cross-links with related content across the website and familiarly with print and digital communications integration.
- Demonstrated experience upholding brand standards and editing to AP style.
- Strong working knowledge of digital marketing communications.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders, i.e. creative directors, copywriters, production managers, photographers, social media managers, business stakeholders, etc.
- Ability to work in changing, fast-paced environment with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working on multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented, versatile and creative professional with excellent organizational skills.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
The AMA offers competitive salaries, including an incentive plan; excellent benefits and progressive technology. Our office is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply for the position at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=873&source=BLTIN The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION