Document Control Specialist at Tempus
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings.
We are looking for a Document Control Specialist who will be responsible for all aspects of document control. Document control includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of procedures, forms, specifications, work instructions, and any other controlled documents, and quality record control and maintenance. This role will report directly to the Senior QA Manager.
- Administrator Tempus’ electronic quality management system (eQMS).
- Process document change requests: Word-process "final" version of new or revised documents for final approval.
- Work and interact with subject matter experts and technical staff to resolve documentation issues.
- Review documents created by staff for accuracy, clarity, formatting, and compliance to Tempus’ documentation practices.
- Systematically maintain file storage for large volumes of documents which includes filing, scanning and archival of documents.
- Interface with other departments regarding documentation requirements. Provide training as needed.
- Assure that any data tracking systems are kept current and are operating as efficiently as possible.
- Refine existing processes and execute projects to enable process efficiencies in document management activities.
- Maintain the Document Master Tracker.
- Provide audit support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a demonstrated knowledge of Document Control Management Tools.
- Bachelor’s degree required with 3+ years of experience.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and compliance.
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Previous experience with CAP/ CLIA/ NYS and/or FDA requirements is highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate clearly (written and verbal) and in an engaging manner with colleagues of various levels of experience and management.