eCommerce Catalog Associate
The eCommerce Catalog Associate is responsible for growing and improving the product catalog for Karl’s Bait & Tackle and Mystery Tackle Box to create an exciting shopping experience for our customers. This person will be working across multiple teams (digital product, merchandising, data, external) to change the way people shop for fishing and other outdoor gear online!
What you will do:
- Utilize our eCommerce platform to create and manage product listings, which includes:
- Leading the item setup process (for example, communicating deadlines and prioritization to different teams)
- Managing the output of an India-based external team
- Coordinating expected live dates with Merchandising team
- Following a zero-defect process to make sure items are set up correctly
- Editing and setting up products when urgent
- Proactively improving setup processes
- Proactively look to improve our product experience for customers
- Creating and refining consistent standards for product listings
- Recommending changes to product listings based upon market trends, opportunities, customer feedback, promotions and competitor listings
What makes this a special opportunity:
- This role is cross-functional and creates lots of opportunities to touch different parts of our business
- You are on the front lines of delivering #happydances to our customers
- We are a dynamic early-stage startup with tons of momentum (ranked #435 on the 2017 Inc. 500 list of the fastest growing private companies)
- We place a premium on building a great culture made up of great people
- You will work with and learn from experienced leaders who have a track record of building successful companies
What experience you need:
- 1-2 years experience in eCommerce product creation, updating or management perferred
- Fishing tackle knowledge preferred
- Project management experience, especially with international teams
- Strong Excel and database management skills
- Ability to maintain high level of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Monitors own work and able to develop new methods for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree
What will make you successful:
- Curiosity: Always seeking to understand “why”. Always looking to make things better. Asks questions about our customers to understand how we can create better experiences.
- Passion: You are driven by a love for what you do. You own the process and the outcomes. You look forward to learning more about fishing and the outdoors industry.
- Optimism: The ability to bounce back quickly when something doesn’t work. Tries new things.
- Action: Knowing when to shift from planning to doing. Acts with urgency.
- Honesty: Transparency with customers, partners and teammates. Communicates and resolves issues quickly.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Data-driven mindset
- Enjoys pushing workstreams forward independently, but also knows when to escalate
- Passionate about working with different teams
- $45k-$55k annual compensation
- “Take what you need” unlimited vacation policy
- 5 summer “Company Outdoors Days”
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance - We cover 85% of employee premiums
- 401(k) program