eCommerce Copywriter, Zoro Tools
- Write and edit informative, engaging, compelling, accurate, and entertaining copy to increase business value, cultivate customer relationships, and drive action.
- Responsible for contributing to a scalable content creation process, partnering with eCommerce, Marketing, Merchandising, Customer Experience and Customer Service to ensure consistency across departments.
- Focus on creating relevant, unique content for website, products, product categories, print marketing materials, marketing emails and site landing pages.
- Work with other members of the team to ensure the content strategy complements and amplifies all website and channel initiatives.
- Verify all copy statements are supported by research, data, or merchandising guidance and are documented appropriately
- Work within current SEO best practice guidelines.
- Apply established procedures for content creation or content auditing to meet business needs and provide solutions for problems or obstacles
- Be able to understand and translate technical product data into useful customer-focused copy
- Edit informational, marketing, and UX copy as needed
- Lead special projects as needed
- Act as a service organization to support email, direct mail and brand teams marketing and copywriting needs.
- Ensure messaging is consistent throughout all channels and promotional vehicles.
- Use metrics to make adjustments/additions to campaign strategy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners, and use consumer and competitive research and analysis to develop and elevate product merchandising content.
- Identify and adjust tone to shape messages for segmented audiences.
Preferred Education & Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of professional copywriting, editing, and basic project management experience, with emphasis on content marketing, digital marketing, and social media content.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Proactive and highly organized multitasker who can meet deadlines while proposing, writing, and editing a high volume of content.
- Ability to learn quickly, take direction, and be proactive in proposing new ideas or solutions.
- Outstanding copywriting skills and knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Familiarity with Digital Asset and Content Management Systems is preferred
- The ability to iterate quickly and effectively in response to feedback.
- Contributes to overall content creation strategy and framework to scale SEO, site product, product category and marketing content, which represents a substantial portion of annual revenue from SEO.
- Works with Zoro's development team to determine appropriate technology to scale the content creation process as it related to the content creation roadmap..
- This role requires an entrepreneurial individual with strong hands on eCommerce expertise.
Work with other members of the team to ensure the content strategy complements and amplifies all website and channel initiatives.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status.