eCommerce Product Description Writer - Fishing Tackle and Accessories
Status: Freelance Contractor/Independent Contractor
Reporting to: Senior Content Manager
As an freelance Ecommerce Product Description Writer in our marketing department, you will contribute to our overall customer experience by writing accurate, detailed, and educational product descriptions for our website. This role is perfect for anyone who loves to write and has a lot of knowledge about fishing products and techniques.
What you will do:
- Write product descriptions for fishing tackle and non-tackle products on our website, including baits, terminal tackle, fishing accessories, apparel, and other outdoor gear
- Research products, as necessary, to ensure accurate descriptions
- Collaborate with our Senior Content Manager and Community Manager as necessary
- Comprehensive knowledge of fishing tackle, equipment, and techniques, specifically how to use different types of baits for bass and non-bass fishing
- Proven track record of being detail oriented and meeting deadlines
- Strong writing skills, including proper grammar and ability to tailor writing to brand voice
- Ability to research products and translate technical information into clear and concise product descriptions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs
- Remote opportunity. Ability to work from anywhere.
- Flexible hours and ability to flex commitment up or down. Range of 1-5 hours per week.
- Potential for other writing opportunities outside of eCommerce product descriptions.
- Compensation: $12 per hour