Editor, Brand Studio at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates uses Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We’re looking for an Editor, Branded Content
We are looking for a startup lovin’, analytical, tech-crazy editor with client-facing experience to manage our Insider Spotlight article production in partnership with our production manager. You will be joining our creative team, which is composed of writers, editors, designers, strategists and UX experts collaborating each day to develop high-quality content in support of tech and startup brands.How you’ll contribute
As an editor, you will co-manage Insider Spotlights, which are part of Built In’s employer branding product offering. Insider Spotlights are in-depth Q&A format articles featuring original photography. The articles are designed to showcase employees working at premium employer companies sharing their authentic experiences working within a company or team culture, speaking to their professional growth journeys, as well as sharing the exciting tech innovations being built by their teams. The Insider Spotlight editor will co-manage editorial production, collaborate with writers to produce high-quality and compelling content, and directly manage a team of Insider Spotlight writers.
The editor will provide creative consultation during customer-facing kickoff calls, enforce Built In’s editorial policy, voice and tone, and ensure production adheres to writing, editing, publishing and distribution deadlines. This position requires a collaboration champion who can work with our multifaceted team, including production managers, customer success managers, account managers, editors, writers, as well as our customers.
The editor will execute against monthly and quarterly goals for Insider Spotlights, ensuring that articles move through the content pipeline, meet customer expectations and adhere to publication and distribution dates.
This is a full-time position located at Built In’s headquarters in downtown Chicago.What you'll need
- 5+ years of experience producing content for brands.
- 1+ experience editing and managing a team of writers.
- You should be enthusiastic about startups and tech companies.
- You should be an experienced editor, capable of collaborating with customers to develop strategic pieces designed to drive conversions or support company brands.
- You should be a digital native, capable of working within a robust content management system.
- You should have experience leading distribution plans across social media and email distribution channels in partnership with our creative and growth teams.
- Previous writing and editing experience for a tech publication is preferred.
- You should have previous experience working with staff and freelance employees.
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if?” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it and get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.