Editor (Temporary) at Built In
Built In unites companies and people around their shared passion for tech and the universal need for purpose. To help our partners attract qualified talent, we create content that tells their story in a way no job post ever could — and we put their jobs in front of people who were born to do them. Our audience of sought-after candidates uses Built In to find their professional purpose and connect meaningfully to the tech community, including by reading our content, networking at our events and applying to jobs at companies they believe in.
Headquartered in Chicago, we also serve Los Angeles, Colorado, Austin, New York, Boston and Seattle.
When you work for Built In, you have the opportunity to change lives by giving talented people access to purpose, not just a paycheck. And you’ll make an impact on some of the most exciting companies in tech, helping them hire their next wave of elite talent. Be part of Built In, and be part of the future of tech.We're looking for an Editor, Brand Studio (Temporary)
We are looking for a highly creative, tech lovin’ editor for a three-month contract, with experience collaborating with a team of writers producing high quality and creative content for customers. The person in this role will be joining our creative team, which is composed of writers, editors, designers, strategists and UX experts collaborating each day to develop high-quality content in support of startups and tech companies.How You’ll Contribute
As a temporary editor working within Built In’s Brand Studio, you will work closely with staff writers and editors to ensure successful production of Built In’s Employer Roundup and Employer Story content production.
You will enforce Built In’s editorial policy, voice and tone, and ensure production adheres to writing, editing, publishing and distribution deadlines. This position requires a collaboration champion who can work with our multifaceted team, including production managers, customer success managers, account managers, editors, writers, as well as with our customers.
You will execute against monthly and quarterly goals for Brand Studio content production, ensuring that articles move through the content pipeline, meet customer expectations and adhere to publication and distribution dates. Additionally, this role will work closely with our sales team to develop lead gen content.
What is Brand Studio content? We’re so glad you asked. Built In Brand Studio articles are designed to showcase employees at premium employer companies. Within Built In’s articles, these employees share their authentic experiences working within a company or team culture, illustrating examples of their professional growth journeys, as well as the exciting tech innovations their teams are currently building.What you need
- You are enthusiastic about startups and tech companies.
- You are an experienced editor, capable of collaborating with customers to develop strategic pieces designed to drive conversions or support company brands.
- You are a digital native, capable of working within a robust content management system.
- You have experience leading distribution plans across social media and email distribution channels in partnership with our creative and growth teams.
- Previous writing and editing experience for a tech publication is preferred.
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if?” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it and get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer and values diversity. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.