Editor at SPINS LLC
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
SPINS, a Chicago-based company, is seeking to add an Editor to the growing Marketing team.
Are you an experienced writer who’s a little (or a lot) obsessed with data, deeply resourceful, and thrives in scouring sources for stats and details? Are you a storyteller at heart who knows how to explore data to identify interesting trends and craft compelling narratives? Do you often find yourself nerding out on random topics and going down rabbit holes to learn more? Can you take big ideas and turn them into well-organized projects and deliverables?
At SPINS, we’re doing things differently to disrupt our industry. And this role is proof of it. It’s at the crux of writing, market research, data analysis, and content marketing.
What You Will Do
- Assist in the development and execution of a robust editorial project schedule.
- Outline, research, and write compelling, industry-leading reports based on consumer and industry insights. This role will focus on projects, but applicants should be ready and able to turn around daily content as needed.
- Contribute to the full narrative process, including working with designers to conceptualize creative assets (charts, infographics, interactive web content, etc.) for published reports.
- Own project management of reports from analysis to publication. Work with design and distribution stakeholders to see that all project components are completed on deadline.
- Contribute regularly to content ideation by maintaining a working knowledge of nutrition, ingredients, lifestyle attributes that drive health and wellness.
- Identify opportunities to leverage data and content for educating prospects, media and consumers in real time. Help to compile data and content to support real-time public relations outreach.
- Gain a strong understanding of SPINS business model, our clients businesses and business needs and stakeholders. Support our brand, adhere to our core values, and display our commitment to developing our SPINS community and driving advocacy in all content.
- Support marketing and brand strategies, and work with PR, SEO, design, social media and other roles to drive cohesive messages and effective campaigns
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least 5 years of experience in a journalism, research, consulting, or similar writing and analysis-focused role. Strong writing and analysis skills are required
- Experience crunching numbers and finding interesting stories in data sets and research findings
- Experience publishing data-based content as a journalist or in a similar writing/editing role
- A resourceful, inquisitive nature, and a willingness to try and fail — and then try something else; motivated by an intrinsic curiosity and the drive to find answers to tough questions
- Shrewd fact-checking skills and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to adopt the SPINS brand voice as well as various tones for different subjects and audiences
- Understanding of, and experience working with, various other marketing functions, including SEO, content marketing, design, and social media
- A solution-oriented attitude, balancing being meticulous and methodical with adaptable and creative
- Highly organized and familiar with research processes and documentation
Experience That Will Impress the Heck Out of Us
- Ideally, a background in nutrition, health, and/or wellness and a willingness to learn continuously on the job
- Experience working in a fast-moving, start-up environment
- Proficiency in Excel and other software/tools for data analysis
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.
If we haven’t convinced you to join us yet, this just might! Sure we have a great benefit program but SPINS also offers its team members:
- Company subsidized commuter transit program
- Gym, bike storage and showers onsite
- Fresh and healthy snacks daily
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Free yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, client product demos, outings, and more.