Engagement Director at Kin + Carta
The Client Lead has direct accountability for both client and team happiness, frontline account delivery, and supporting account growth. The Client Lead is a connector, a relationship builder and understands complex enterprise businesses. The Client Lead has worked in consulting services and understands the importance of the software development lifecycle but also has the drive and desire to grow our business footprint.
Client Leads have a passion for exploring "what's next?" and are highly motivated, productive and organized. You are a servant leader. Highly knowledgeable of digital experience (DX) space including digital strategy, user experience design, digital marketing, enterprise web implementation, mobile design and implementation and cloud native technologies.
You have previously worked with marketing stakeholders, line of business leads, technology partners, and IT teams in a delivery capacity within enterprise business environments. You are responsible for overseeing assigned strategic account(s) - typically including 1‐ 3 concurrent engagements. You ensure overall quality, timeliness, profitability, and client satisfaction. You lead or participate in the plans and policies, and work within the deployment process to procure resources. You participate in all required operational management processes including strategic account calls, weekly sales, staffing, recruiting, and development of a strategic solution to a client’s business problem. You ensure project managers and scrum teams accurately scope projects, determine staffing requirements, and follow established operations calls. You evolve, educate and evangelize K+C’s service delivery process.
The most successful people in this role are outcome-driven, and understand how best to form and motivate blended delivery teams in order to deliver on the strategic business outcomes of our clients. They are energized by talking to people, getting to know them and nurturing ongoing client relationships.
Client Leads drive success for the business by being creative, expanding our client networks, delivering thought leadership, and being the trusted strategic expert advisor to our clients. The trusted advisor role often involves leveraging one or more technology partners within the Kin + Carta partnership ecosystem. While this role is customer-facing and highly focused on providing client services, Client Leads provide real-world feedback to our Demand team in order to influence our go-to-market strategy.
Able to develop and sustain strong client relationships at the most senior level of client organizations. Internally, builds trusting, collaborative relationships at all levels, across all disciplines. Sets the standard and works to build a collaborative work environment. Actively seeks to pursue knowledge of other disciplines. Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships at the senior levels of Marketing, IT, and other lines of business within client organization. Directs the development of and leads client presentations and important communications.Minimum Qualifications
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 10+ years of experience in a delivery role with a consulting services company
- 10+ years of experience working with large, complex enterprise businesses
- 5+ years of experience in a growth-oriented role
- Have managed client relationships, aligned on their goals, and delivered successful outcomes
- Have had accountability for delivery quality, annual revenue growth, and profitability management
- Have encouraged career growth of delivery team members during their tenure on client programs
- Have managed sales opportunities from early qualification all the way to negotiation, and signature
- Able to manage one of many teams across multiple accounts (depending on the size of the program/ account), drive and facilitate program or strategic level decisions for accounts and practice.
- Develops new analytic/ technical approaches and solutions. Remain current and proficient in relevant approaches and solutions
- Skilled at executive level communications that address strategic and operational concerns. Skilled public speaker and presenter.
- Defines engagement deliverables and participates in the review to ensure quality and consistency across engagements.
- Aware and able to draw from a knowledge base of companywide deliverables, templates, and best practices.
- Validates the accurate estimation of work of all resources on an engagement. Accurately assesses impact to downstream activities for all disciplines on an engagement. Understands the strategic implications of major deviations in established estimates, and makes recommendations to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.