Executive Producer at Nielsen Global Connect
ABOUT THIS JOB
Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment with new challenges and boundless creativity? We take pride in our unique approach in driving technical strategy and delivering high quality live and virtual event and video production.
Our uniqueness doesn’t stop there. This is a hybrid position that brings together the best of a line producer, production manager and executive producer. This collision of creativity and attention to detail creates an opportunity to bring best-in-class capabilities to our truly global team. The right candidate will oversee the entire Production Department including Video Production -- camera operators, photographers, equipment and post-production editors and Staging Production -- as executive producer you will take a lead role in end-to-end staging production, from the development of stage designs to the sourcing and management of video production/audio visual partners as well as on-site executions.
So what does it take? Impeccable organization, attention to detail and a ‘take charge’ mentality are crucial. You will oversee all steps of the creative process from managing costs to crew hiring and assignments, invoicing, expense reports, locating and keeping track of equipment for shoots, and maintaining and managing daily production deadlines. Be sure to bring your creative eye because you’ll lead the end to end in studio experience, including lighting direction, shot framing and so much more.
The Executive Producer (EP) will lead all Nielsen video staff as well as daily freelance hires. The Executive Producer will develop and manage all aspects of production and delivery, producing original long and short form content as well as all internal and external video needs.
In addition to managing the production staff, The Executive Producer has creative oversight of a variety of production projects and manages the efforts of multiple outside production companies simultaneously, and will continue to integrate new technologies and explore opportunities to enhance production quality throughout transmedia storytelling.
Under the direction of the EP, Nielsen’s in house team will deliver highly visual content in a timely and cost effective manner to advance our brand and corporate strategy as well as the objectives and strategies of our clients including:
- Ensuring all productions are completed on time, within budget, and to agreed artistic and technical standards
- Directing all aspects of production on a daily basis including overseeing and managing relationships with all external production resources.
- Working with the Vice President, Events and Strategy (VP) to address stakeholders’ objectives and strategies.
- Managing production budgets for all projects.
- Integrating new technologies and staying abreast of all new opportunities in motion graphic and video production communities and suggesting new ways to implement these trends/technologies.
- Work directly with account teams to produce web video, sizzle reels, b-roll, and additional brand content.
- Lead all projects through every phase of production including creative development, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production and delivery.
- Collaborate with production team and editorial team on creative development and post-production on projects.
- Develop scopes of work and budget parameters for projects leveraging outside vendors.
- Collaborate with design team and other stakeholders to develop multi-platform visual content.
- Effectively communicate ongoing project status with the VP, video team, and account teams/clients.
- Must contribute to team initiatives that have company-wide implications as determined by management (ex. best practices, sharing information, improving vendor relations, business affairs processes, etc.)
- Directly responsible for pushing project information to internal teams and ensuring that Nielsen is maximizing the potential of each project in all stages of production.
- Review, edit, and approve preliminary and final treatments, outlines, shooting scripts, production schedules, budgets, selects, graphics, music, rough cuts, fine cuts, final narration and final versions of all assigned programs.
- Acts as company representative to outside organizations and responsible for maintaining relationships with external vendors and clients.
- Provide audio-visual and staging design and onsite services for client meetings, trade shows and internal sales and marketing events
- Provide pre-meeting support and coordination, onsite setup, live show production, and venue breakdown
- Manage and maintain AV equipment
- Manage onsite offices including wired and wireless networks, printing, and proprietary data delivery systems
- Provide onsite PC and other technical support for event attendees
- Manage multiple Video Walls content creation and provide onsite hardware support
- Coordinate and negotiate contracts and service visits
- Maintain spare parts inventory
- Customize video messages where appropriate
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
Exceptionally organized leader who leverages a wealth of experience in meeting and production deadlines, uncovering solutions and successfully exceeding expectations in a results-oriented fast-past environment. Highly developed interpersonal and project management skills which inspire commitment and build collaborative partnerships among all groups. You enjoy working in an environment that isn’t bound by the traditional ‘9 to 5’ mentality. You have a professional network of video production and staging production contacts in the New York and Chicago metro areas. You keep up with new advancements in audio visual and digital technology.
Executive Producers must be excellent negotiators. They need a keen business sense, and an intimate knowledge of all aspects of film and staging production, financing, marketing and distribution.
- 10+ years of experience in media production and staging production
- 5+ years management experience
- Knowledge of emerging media trends and digital technologies
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively to all stakeholders
- Ability to multitask under pressure
- Strong knowledge of crew roles and rates, and how to build a “right sized” crew for all projects
- Strong talent facing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills. You will be interacting directly with clients and senior leaders
- Must be focused on delivering great work, no matter how big or small the project
- Must be able to effectively guide a project through the post-production phase
- Must be team focused and work well in an edit suite with other editors/designers/production team members
- Experience and proficiency with basic camera operator responsibilities.
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail with experience in tracking multiple productions simultaneously
Note: Once we begin to travel again, this position will require 20-30% travel including international travel.Additional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.