Join some of the world’s best problem-solvers, pioneers, and out-of-the-box thinkers.
Since 2011, Everspring has partnered with leading universities to create a new standard of excellence in online education. Behind the curtain, you’ll find a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team environment, with colleagues who continue to shape the culture and success of our company. Our heart is in our work; these aren’t your typical online education jobs – we’re always striving to make a difference in everything that we do.
Made up of production, instructional design, faculty engagement, and quality assurance, the Learning Design team inspires, engages, and empowers each other to create the next generation of learning. This collaborative team works to translate traditional courseware into online formats in innovative and compelling ways to create innovative online courses for our University partners.
The Faculty Engagement Specialist effectively responds to faculty requests for support and creates impactful learning resources and thought leadership content, empowering faculty to confidently leverage technologies and best practices to teach students online.
This position reports to the Director of Learning Design and is located in Chicago, IL near the Ogilvie and Union train stations.
The ideal candidate:
- Has demonstrated success communicating effectively with university faculty
- Has a demonstrated track record of providing remote support on software or web-based platforms
- Is an excellent and patient communicator, comfortable communicating with university professors
- Is a natural collaborator, but has the ability to work independently
- Displays the highest levels of integrity
- Operates with a high work ethic, requiring minimal supervision
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
- Is professionally confident, with the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Wants to build and be part of a great team, doing a great thing
- Has a curious and creative mindset – enjoys change!
- Serve as primary teaching support for online faculty by responding to faculty requests for help via phone, email, or other virtual means
- Remain consistently available during work hours to support faculty, and available to monitor for urgent support on weekends and evenings
- Create and maintain faculty guides and support materials, such as job aids, videos, tutorials, or infographics, according to the guidance of the Director of Learning Design
- Draft, manage, and distribute mass communications sent to large groups of partner faculty, under the guidance of the Director of Learning Design
- Assist with course revisions and edits by assisting faculty with questions about the learning management system
- Create and distribute reports on instructor activity within the learning management system for select partners
- Collaborate with multiple departments – including Learning Design, Student Services, and Academic Operations – to ensure continuity of support and training
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Ability to travel occasionally upon request
- 1-3 years’ experience in faculty development, educational technology, instructional design or online student/faculty support
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred, especially in communications, education, psychology, or related area
- Experience with online learning management systems required; experience using the Canvas learning management system preferred
- Demonstrated excellence developing content for online platforms
- Familiarity with content creation tools such as Camtasia, Audacity, or Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Demonstrated ability in consultative or technical support
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail
Everspring is an Equal Opportunity Employer.