Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The Food Safety and Quality Program Associate provides systems support for the Corporate and Plant Food Safety and Quality teams. The role supports the design and implementation of the Food Safety and Quality Management System Manual through ensuring effective and compliant management of records, SOPs, documentation and other necessary functional support of Quality. The Food Safety and Quality Program Associate will also perform food safety and quality management administrative duties.
Support the design and implementation of the Food Safety and Quality Management System
- Support the development and maintenance of key aspects of Home Chef Food Safety and Quality Systems, designed to meet the regulatory, Food Safety and Quality requirements to assure compliance with SQF requirements.
- Assist in the gathering, trending and reporting of metrics that effectively measure and communicate quality performance.
- Works closely with the plant FSQA teams and cross-functionally in understanding, identifying gaps and proposing changes to processes that affect quality systems compliance.
Implement Food Safety and Quality Programs:
- Work closely alongside plant teams to implement new food safety and quality programs or rollout changes to existing programs
- Deliver training to plant FSQA teams related to program rollout
- Deliver communication with plant and corporate stakeholders regarding new or updated programs
Quality System Documentation Management:
- Responsible for document control activities including creation and maintenance of SOPs and training of associates to read, review and approve documents; and maintaining a fully compliant system.
- Ensure food safety and quality records are maintained in a compliant manner and easily retrievable
- Ensure all deviations from established procedures are appropriately documented through CAPA program and investigated to determine and fix root cause.
- Oversees the documentation related to the internal audit program including checklist, schedule, reporting, and trending.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in quality assurance, food safety, food distribution, food manufacturing, supply chain, or related field
- Previous experience with GFSI, SQF and USDA audits preferred.
- Understanding of Quality Management Systems
- Experience developing, implementing, and maintaining food safety and quality programs
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter who is results-oriented, resourceful, and takes initiative
- Capable of handling multiple responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to embrace change and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal employment opportunity employer