Food & Trend Associate / Recipe Developer
About the role:
This position is responsible for understanding food trends surrounding food in the market and relating them through recipe development. Reports to Food & Trend Innovators to develop recipes to showcase key products.
What you will do:
- Hands on recipe development from ideation to publication including writing and editing recipe copy and calculating nutritionals
- Research food and cooking trends to drive development of creative, innovative recipes
- Ability with demonstrating and education co-workers and consultants via company training videos or cooking demonstrations
- Keeping current on Cooking Show by observing/attending at least 2 cooking shows per year (including virtual)
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned, e.g. support with recipe took, cooking/product tips, etc
Skills you will need:
- BS in Food Science, Human Nutrition, Culinary Science or related field; Culinary
- Diploma/Certificate a plus
- At least 1-3 years recipe development; industry/corporate experience a plus.
- Demonstrate a passion for food and a desire to learn and keep up with culinary and dining trends
- Ability to work in a team environment, independently and cross functionally.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and deadlines required.
- Food Styling experience a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of computer proficiency, especially in MS Office required.
- Familiarity with all social media platforms required.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing work environment.
About Pampered Chef:
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.