Freelance Copy Editor
We are looking for a detail-oriented content editor who is comfortable entering copy into a leading content management system. This individual will be responsible for reviewing, editing and entering content in an efficient and meticulous manner. The editor should be comfortable making content changes based on the brand guidelines of our client, as well as guidelines established in the AP Stylebook. Additionally, the content editor should be comfortable with technology and able to navigate content management system tasks. This individual will be required to work from the One North office for one day of content management training and for the duration of the project. This person will work closely with the project manager, who will check in on progress weekly. This is a temporary position that will span roughly 6 weeks.
- Execute the editing, proofreading and content entry into the client’s Sitecore Content Management System.
- Ensure all copy aligns with client’s brand guidelines and is completely error free.
- Follow all content entry structures as laid out by project management team.
- Actively communicate with project management team, with a focus on sharing progress, but also sharing any challenges or concerns.
- Collaborate with the One North team to troubleshoot and resolve publishing, editing or content entry tasks.
Skills and Abilities
- Experience working with Content Management Systems (Sitecore) a plus
- Experience working with Rich Text editor, HTML a plus
- Ability to confidently proofread and edit content.
- Legal or Professional Services experience a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented and have outstanding organization skills, with the ability to multi-task and be collaborative while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment with many interruptions.
- Self-starter approach to work, with eagerness to consistently exceed objectives
- The ability to work individually or in a team environment
- Must be able to type and operate a computer.
- Must be in college or have a degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing.