Head of Music and Voice - Vancouver
Head of Music and Voice
Part-time - Contract
With our continued expansion into North America, we require a talented individual with a highly tuned ear for composition. You’ll be responsible for the delivery of our unique Brand-Sound™ package, visiting clients across Greater Vancouver area to conduct the interactive Music and Voice Workshop. This will give you a unique insight into their brand – allowing you to effectively brief our composers.
The Head of Music and Voice is a unique role that requires an exacting combination of commercial ingenuity and artistic flair. With previous experience in the creative music industry or in an advertising agency, you’ll equally balance the needs of the business, the client and the creative talent. And as a true people person, you’ll have the innate ability to liaise with people at all levels – as well as the confidence to present to leading company figures.
This role represents a unique opportunity to spearhead the success of Brand-Sound™ in Canada, and expand the Music and Voice team in this territory. Therefore, it offers strong potential for movement into management, so experience in this field would be desirable.
Responsibilities of Head of Music and Voice:
- Leading interactive Music and Voice Workshops that add value to the Brand-Sound™ product
- Analyzing creative content to ensure each track accurately represents the brand
- Providing strategic and artistic direction for composers and voiceover artists through the creation of a brief
- Conducting face-to-face meetings with valuable clients
- Understanding and meeting the audio requirements of leading brands
- Continual development and enhancement of a roster of creative talent
- Building strong relationships with clients and departments
- Developing thorough knowledge of our products to maximize personal effectiveness
Skills and Attributes of Head of Music and Voice:
- A thorough understanding of the use of music in a commercial setting
- Confident and comfortable at presenting
- A strong knowledge of the mechanics of production and song writing
- The ability to establish the appropriate voice and music for different brands and audiences
- A visionary thinker who can act and lead strategically
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative, ambitious, driven and highly organized
- The capability and commitment to manage ongoing professional development
- Ability to work under pressure with a constantly positive outlook
Perks of working at PHMG:
- Flexible part-time work schedule
- Spectacular company events
- Fully paid travel
- Quarterly bonus incentives
Established in 1998 in the UK, PHMG has become the world’s leading audio branding agency – and is now a company in hyper-growth. From our North American HQ in a prime North Michigan Avenue location, we’re expanding across the continent and beyond, making us one of Chicago’s fastest growing media companies.
We work with 36,000 clients in 39 countries across the globe, and this expansive client list includes household names of the caliber of Samsung, Audi and Adidas, as well as SMEs in every sector of the global market. We give each of them a stellar production that combines creative copy, world-class voice artistry and an exclusive Brand-Sound-Track™ - strengthening their business identity in the most memorable, emotive way.
We do all we can to make PHMG the best place to be, so we offer all our staff a complete portfolio of PH Perks. This extensive list of benefits includes free gym membership, in-house barber, beautician and bar, subsidized travel, CSR initiatives and many more exciting rewards. We do all we can to make PHMG the best place to be – and our commitment to giving something back to our staff has earned us multiple awards:
- A Chicago Tribune Top Workplace (2018)
- Best and Brightest Companies to Work For (2018 and 2019)
- Great Place to Work certified company, earned following an in-depth survey of our staff (2019)
PHMG is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
All applicants must possess current US work authorization.