Healthcare Technology Writer at CareAdvisors
Role: Healthcare Technology Writer
Role Type: Contract (potential for FT, Perm.)
CareAdvisors is a technology company helping patients get access to healthcare and social service benefits they need by automating the manual enrollment burden taken on by hospitals.
Many patients who receive care at hospitals are eligible for Medicaid and other social service benefits, but have barriers to enroll or re-enroll in their benefits. Using a modern technology stack focused on automation, we remove those barriers so that patients can get access to the benefits they need, and lift the financial burden hospitals endure when providing care to patients.
Our CRM empowers care navigators and social workers with a search and communication platform that’s connected to a network of community organizations and hospitals. We use the data gathered across our network to power our automated analytics engine. Join us in building out our CRM so we can connect people to the care they need!
About the Role:
Care Advisors is looking for a Healthcare Technology Writer for a short-term contract with the potential for a FT, permanent role. You should be passionate about healthcare and technology!
In this role, you will produce high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our projects. This individual will become very familiar with the company's projects and applications and will compose clear and coherent technical information and instruction manuals for users. The technical writer will work collaboratively with developers, designers, product managers and other stakeholders to document product features and methodologies and produce other relevant product collateral. Overall, you will:
- Research and build knowledge about products, services, technology, or concepts to be documented.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Lead meetings with internal and external stakeholders to elicit, write, clarify, translate, communicate and simplify product documentation.
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructions for greatest reader comprehension and write and edit technical information accordingly.
- Effectively communicate new product features and enhancements to clients, cross-functional team members and management.
- Work with product management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Monitor product deliverables and ensure timely completion of product documentation projects by identifying project milestones and phases.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
- Create product training and tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain the information architecture.
We are looking for a team member with the following background
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Candidates in the process of earning an advanced degree are preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare or startup setting is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in tech writing (ideally in healthcare) or equivalent experience.
- You must have excellent written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Must possess the ability to explain intricate and complicated concepts and ideas.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- You must have an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual rigor, and strong discipline.
- Strong communications and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines is a must.
While the internship will be performed remotely due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, there will be substantial virtual collaboration, teamwork, and networking opportunities. Duration of the contract is flexible.
At Care Advisors we value diversity and endeavor to treat everyone with respect, no matter their age, gender, race, ethnicity, or sexual, cultural or ideological preferences.
Job Type: Contract
- Monday to Friday
- Healthcare: 1 year (Preferred)
- Technical Writing: 2 years (Required)
- Start-Up: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Chicago, IL 60654 (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- One location