OppFi is a leading financial technology platform that powers banks to offer accessible products and a top-rated experience to everyday consumers. Through our unwavering commitment to customer service, OppFi helps consumers who are turned away by traditional providers build a better financial path. OppFi is an Inc. 5000 company for five straight years, a Deloitte's Technology Fast 500™, and the seventh fastest-growing Chicagoland company by Crain's Chicago Business. The company was also named on Forbes America 2021 list of America's Best Startup Employers and Built In's 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago.
OppFi is a team of caring and innovative individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. Our employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work everyday and know you are a part of making a difference. Our company values guide us and create an open and collaborative culture where we hold the door, say what we see, do what we say, and dare to win together!
Are you a creative experienced and passionate Instructional Designer? Are you looking to help shape and define what a great learning experience looks and feels like for our organization? Are you passionate about using the adult learning theory, instructional design methods to build innovative learning solutions and tailored content for the learner audience? If yes, this is the opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Senior Director of Training and Development the Instructional Designer plays a crucial role in the creation, development, and editing of content for learning experiences that close the gaps in skills, knowledge, and information of a targeted audience within OppLoans. The Instructional Designer focuses on how the training should be developed including the look, feel, organization, and functionality. They are expected to create and edit courses, workshops, and/or curriculum material for various OppLoan departments.
- Synthesize and write course content based on input from SMEs, existing training material, and other documents
- Draft and create screen layouts, graphics, animations, and interactions appropriate to the content
- Write the audio script, import video, and audio files (when applicable).
- Assist with the development and editing of instructional materials such as lesson plans, simulation exercises/course interactions, guides, and assessments
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral, and written form
- Promote collaboration among the participants in a design project
- Perform needs analysis when a training request is submitted
- Design and develop new training courses, workshops, and curriculum
- Validate and write accurate training documentation
- Plan and execute instructional design projects
- Evaluate and assess instructional content and its impact
- Writing learning objectives and instructional content
- Working with subject matter experts to define/create instructional content
- Justifying design decisions with learning science
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- BA in instructional design, HR, or educational technology preferred; equivalent work experience in instructional design, content creation (creating and editing videos for e-learning platforms), and adult learning
- Proven experience in instructional design and instructional technology
- Knowledge and application of adult learning principles
- Experience with using or managing an LMS is strongly preferred
- Prior experience working with content and designing training for multiple methods of delivery
- Ability to storyboard, write effective copy, instructional text, audio, and video scripts
- Strong written and visual communication skills are required
- Experience with LinkedIn Learning
- Experience with various LMS platforms
OppFi is committed to providing an exceptional employee experience that allows you to define your career and purpose with us. New team members go through orientation, shadow programs, a new hire lunch with our CEO, Jared Kaplan, and you can participate in different company culture events focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our team has designed programs to make you feel welcome and part of our team during your first year and beyond.
- Define the mission (days 1-30): You will understand our company mission, values, and vision, and how your role at OppFi plays a part in that.
- Define your goals (months 1-3): You will be able to understand your role expectations and identify goals with your manager and mentor(s) to fulfill those expectations.
- Define your belonging (months 3-6): You will understand OppFis’ culture and have opportunities to engage with and impact that culture. Business Resource Groups and other programs are offered to help with community connection both virtually and in-person.
- Define your journey (6 months - 1 year): You will feel confident in your abilities to execute in your role and know the next step you will take to develop your career.
Compensation and Benefits
OppFi offers a flexible remote environment, 401(k) matching program, and flexible paid vacation. Other benefits include medical benefits, dental and vision coverage, and tuition reimbursement. To support your wellness & growth, we provide monthly meditation and yoga classes and access to all LinkedIn Learning courses. We also offer Fringe, which is a lifestyle benefits platform that lets you decide how you want to spend your rewards from dozens of vendors like Uber, Doordash and Urban Sitter. Dress code is casual.
We do not discriminate based on identity - race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged/sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
OppFi is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, OppFI will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our People team at [email protected].