closerlook’s Junior Proofreader electronically reviews interactive, video, web media and print materials to maintain quality and effectiveness. In addition to proofreading for common spelling, typographical and grammar errors, the Junior Proofreader checks for consistency of structure and style throughout a piece, adhering to a style guide as necessary. The Junior Proofreader works with Copywriters, Designers and Project Managers to implement necessary changes and confirms that changes have been made, according to the closerlook proofreading process. The Junior Proofreader also does copy editing when the need arises.
- Electronically proofreads digital content for common spelling, typographical and grammar errors, checking for consistency of structure and style throughout.
- Demonstrates meticulous attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Quickly develops an understanding of a piece’s purpose and context and proofreads it accordingly.
- Applies client style guides to individual pieces with care and precision.
- Participates fully in following closerlook’s proofreading process and assists in evolving that process as necessary.
- Communicates actively with the project team to keep deliverables on track and on schedule.
- Contributes to the enforcement and evolution of writing-competency best practices at closerlook.
- Is a graduate of a college or a university with a degree in English, journalism or a related field.
- Has demonstrable mastery of English-language style and mechanics.
- Has at least one year of experience as a marketing Proofreader and/or Copyeditor.
- Has experience in electronic proofreading of digital content.
- Experience in digital pharmaceutical or healthcare marketing is preferred.
- A working knowledge of the American Medical Association Manual of Style is preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in numerous brand styles.
- Ability to take ownership for work and demonstrate follow-through.
- Ability to move comfortably between varied deliverables.
- Flexibility; ability to adapt to changing timelines.
- Is a self-starter who can quickly get up to speed on project details through research and collaboration.
- Can easily manage a large volume of content while maintaining quality work.
- An understanding of medical or scientific terminology is a plus.