Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for planning, writing, and providing ongoing support for the Discover Financial Services Capital Plan and Resolution Plan by partnering with subject matter experts (SMEs) in Finance, Treasury, Legal, and Corporate Risk. The role develops annual plan documentation that complies with regulatory requirements as well as the supporting documentation. The role also provides support for the administration of tools used to develop the Capital and Resolution Plans. The role also manages policy and procedure administration for the Finance department. Works under minimal supervision.
- Supports the development, production, and maintenance of the Capital and Resolution Plans, including content updates and review, and senior management certification.
- Co-ordinates across business units, including Finance, Treasury, Corporate Risk, Loss Forecasting, HR, Corporate Communication, and other business areas to ensure updates to the Capital Plan and the Resolution Plan are adequately captured and reviewed.
- Researches, analyzes, and translates analytical and technical business information, and communicates it in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
- Manages policy and procedure administration for the Finance department, meeting Corporate Risk mandates. Monitors, tracks, and communicates status to management. Works with Finance contacts to address issues and escalate them appropriately.
- Administers Policy and Procedure’s SharePoint site and Wdesk-Capital Plan and Wdesk- Resolution Plan documentation tools. Approves and Provision access and ensures effective access management.
- Researches existing documentation, identifies areas of concern within current documentation, works with SMEs to address them and analyzes the need for document creation or revision.
- Maintains and enhances document and process controls to ensure ongoing compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Leads training sessions to train new users on the Wdesk-Capital Plan and Wdesk-Resolution Plan documentation tools. Creates and maintains related job aids.
- Peer-edits, following the Chicago Manual of Style and the Documentation Team’s style conventions. Ensures that required approval processes are followed.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree English, Journalism, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in professional writing, project management, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree English, Journalism, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in professional writing, project management, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in consideration for a career at Discover.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.