Manager, Content & Brand Development at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will lead the team that brings the Alliant brand to life through content and visuals. The Manager will provide forward-thinking creative leadership; review and provide feedback on marketing pieces including emails, landing pages, display ads and more; ensure brand voice and tone are infused into all written content; manage agencies and vendors; review creative to ensure consistent look and feel; identify member and prospect challenges, and how they can be solved through content and design; build content roadmaps to address content and persona life cycle gaps; coordinate and manage creative projects including development of marketing and brand campaigns; work with Performance Marketing team to develop creative test plans based on performance; and ensure cohesive look, feel, voice and tone of all creative.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Activate brand positioning through written content
- Develop compelling angles and stories for marketing materials
- Work with team to create written content for emails, videos, landing pages, display ads, search ads, social media posts and more
- Optimize content based on performance, personas and journey maps
- Work with Performance Marketing team to develop content for A/B and multivariate testing
- Review written content to ensure cohesive voice and tone
- Develop implementation plan for updating voice and tone across channels
- Ensure consistent messaging across all channels
- Identify member and prospect pain points, and develop content-oriented solutions
- Guide development of creative concepts to bring Alliant brand positioning to life
- Review emails, videos, landing pages, ads, and more to ensure consistent look and feel
- Drive test-and-learn optimization plan for email, landing page, videos and ad design
- Optimize design for every stage of the consumer/member journey and for Alliant’s personas
- Review assets to ensure alignment between visual brand and voice/tone
- Gather and provide feedback on creative assets
- Drive ideas for brand campaigns
- Evolve Alliant brand and strive for creative excellence
- Ensure all creative accurately reflects Alliant brand positioning
- Manage agencies and freelance writers
- Develop roadmaps and project plans for creative projects to ensure assets are delivered on time
- Develop creative briefs and communication plans
- Act as main point of contact for all questions related to the voice/tone of the brand
- Activate new brand positioning
- Develop relationships with stakeholders across the organization
- Deliver superior results through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Demonstrate courage, ability and agility to understand and address organizational transition in real-time; establish expectations for the unexpected
- Translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities; delivering on strategy through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility and growth
- Champion Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through a strong leadership signature and a growing command of Alliant’s leadership competencies
- Continually assess and provide discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization for direct reports
- Apply High Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce in order to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
- Work with your direct reports and help seek out growth opportunities for your reports; continually challenge them to maximize their engagement and productivity
- Help propagate messaging across the organization that fosters a broader knowledge of Marketing, promotes collaboration and influences constructive and positive change
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or similar field, and you have:
- 5+ years’ B2C digital marketing experience, including specific experience with content and/or brand marketing, required
- Proven track record of concepting and implementing marketing and brand campaigns that drive customer growth and brand awareness
- Proven experience creating content for websites and other digital channels
- Experience translating strategic concepts into written and visual content
- Proven experience with a CMS
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with data analysts to find trends and solve problems
- Previous use of analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Proven track record of solving problems with a team
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Desire to continually learn and improve approaches and methodologies
- Highly effective organizational, collaborative and consultative skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Prior leadership experience, required
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off