Manager, Content Platform
SPINS, a Chicago-based SaaS company, is seeking to hire a Manager, Content Platform for its Content Services team.
By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products.
WHO ARE WE?
- We eat collaboration and curiosity for breakfast
- We communicate quickly and succinctly
- We believe in roles instead of jobs
- We take initiative independently and hurdle challenges together
- We discuss, debate, decide and do with the same rapidity as we iterate our platform
- We are a talent ecosystem whose health is predicated on each individual’s ability to support every other individual’s success.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Someone energetic, empathic and earnest
- Someone who wakes each morning thinking of which opportunity they will grab today
- Someone that refuses to give up when the path isn’t paved
- Someone that consistently delivers quality work on schedule
- Someone who would rather build the right tool to do the job than wait until they’re handed one
- A creative thinker as adept at looking at the Big Picture as they are at the details
- An obsessive perfectionist that knows when to put down the paintbrush and ship
- The kind of person that can expertly use an Onion headline as an analogy in a serious strategy meeting.
WE'LL BE COUNTING ON YOU FOR...
You will be responsible for process improvement and total quality management (TQM), being the subject matter expert on Content Services processes and procedures. This role will apply analytical skills to major business challenges related to the Library that ultimately impacts quality and efficiency of the team. You'll maintain and update our database with product information, contributing to new content initiatives leading to automation within the MDM platform. In addition, you'll generate status reports on tasks and projects assigned by the Director of Product Library Operations.
You'll be responsible for direct supervision of a team but more importantly the ability to look for solutions to automate the processes working with a data management environment. Experience in the Natural Products or Conventional Grocery Industry and knowledge of the departments, brands, products and attributes that fuel the industry is a plus. A passion for health and wellness and a desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment will be important for success. An analytical-thinker and leadership experience is required.
YOU PROBABLY HAVE...
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience process improvement, automation and quality management on a MDM system, or equivalent system
- 2 years’ experience working with large datasets in MS Access/Excel, SQL or other coding languages
- 2 years’ experience data analysis in SPINS framework or equivalent
- 3 years’ project supervisor experience
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Strong record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics & conceptual thinking skills
- Display clear results orientation with an intense focus on achieving short and long-term goals
- Must be able to draw conclusions from data and summarize results quickly and efficiently
- Strong focus on quality, process improvement, and customer satisfaction
- Adept at learning new technologies and business functions